Feeling apprehensive

jackie1

Jun 6, 2007
Cheshire
It's not been a good week and tomorrow we are off to Scarborough for 5 days.

Thought I'd got all bases covered, my friend is coming to keep me company and help with John and my niece is coming so the boys will have fun.

But now with the weather forecast I'm starting to feel sick with worry. Being suck in a caravan with 3 noisy children is not a reciepe for success.

Jackie

TinaT

Sep 27, 2006
Costa Blanca Spain
Fingers crossed that the weather will 'buck up'! Today would be a day for flying kites in my neck of the woods - the wind is so strong it has ripped the leaves from the trees!

I love Scarborough. I once took a party of 20 low achieving teenagers there. We stayed in caravans with one teacher for each caravan. The weather was not too good but everyone seemed to have a good time (we three teachers were very glad to get back home 'though I must admit).

I hope that all goes well for you and that you come back with some happy memories. Good luck!!

xxTinaT

helen.tomlinson

Mar 27, 2008
Hello Jackie

Thank goodness you've got a friend going with you - let your friend help you and halve those worries!:)

Your boys are old enough to have a great time doing the adventurous things young lads enjoy whatever the weather. Just pack some warm clothes and maybe even get the boys to make some kites (good idea TinaT):).

I do hope you have a better time than you can imagine right now because I know how much planning goes into trying to make sure things are the best for those we care for. Have a lovely time Jackie.

Love Helen

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I hope it stays dry for you jackie then at least you will all be able to get out. It`s good you will be well supported.

Sometimes the things we are anxious about turn out for the best. I do hope so.

Fingers crossed.

love xx