Feeling a tad battered

ShellW

Aug 4, 2014
Stockton on Tees
In the last 5 weeks undergone house move, beloved dog operated on ,told she was cured ,then had to be put to sleep and last weekend husband with a dense post stroke left sided paralysis, epilepsy and dementia , admitted into hospital with further stroke . Just feel like I am in some sort of no mans land, outside look like I am functioning normally but inside feeling numb. How do we manage to keep going sometimes ?

ASH74

May 18, 2014
No answers....but big hugs and wishing you continued strength!

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point

CJinUSA

Jan 20, 2014
eastern USA
In the last 5 weeks undergone house move, beloved dog operated on ,told she was cured ,then had to be put to sleep and last weekend husband with a dense post stroke left sided paralysis, epilepsy and dementia , admitted into hospital with further stroke . Just feel like I am in some sort of no mans land, outside look like I am functioning normally but inside feeling numb. How do we manage to keep going sometimes ?

I guess we keep going because that's who we are, and we loved our beloved pets and other halfs. I'm so sorry to hear about your husband. Your life has been turned on end. Is hubby out of hospital? To care unit or home with you? You have children who can help? Or siblings of hubby or yourself? If not, you might think of trying to line up a care plan, because you will benefit from assistance while you yourself learn how to cope with the life-changing events you are experiencing. The biggest question: you okay? This is an amazing forum with lots of people who have lots of experience. Let us know how you are doing, okay?

CeliaThePoet

Dec 7, 2013
Buffalo, NY, USA
I've also just gone through a shocking illness with my dog, and had to put her down the day after Christmas; this the week after mom got out if being in the psych unit for two weeks for self-harm. I'm still in shock, and so are you. Take care of yourself.

halojones

May 7, 2014
I am not surprised you are feeling awful, you have a lot to contend with...Am sending sympathy and hugs...xxx

angecmc

Dec 25, 2012
hertfordshire
Hope things get better for you soon, we spend our lives thinking what next? When we enter the world of dementia, hugs to you xx

Ange

ShellW

Aug 4, 2014
Stockton on Tees
Thanks for the support, think it was just a big dip in energy last night, not surprising really. So have decided to be positive and determined to undertake the local mindfulness 8 week course, got the workbook today and looks promising. Has anybody had any experience of this ?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joins