Feeling a bit down...

cuppatea

Oct 28, 2016
South Wales
Cos tomorrow is my birthday... and husband has no idea. It's so sad. We've had Valentine's Day already this week and not so long ago, Christmas, and a week before that our 40th wedding anniversary. This is the first time round all these anniversaries on my own for me; I know for many of you you have been through this many many times... Just hitting me hard tonight, I know I should be grateful to have a roof over my head and food to eat, heating, etc.... Just needed to express this, not expecting a magic solution....

irismary

Feb 7, 2015
West Midlands
So sorry cuppatea - its hard isn't it. We always did cards but not now as my husband doesn't remember either. Sending you my best wishes for tomorrow and a big hug. Treat yourself if you can.

LynneMcV

Volunteer Moderator
May 9, 2012
south-east London
It is hard and I do understand.

On my birthday I treated myself to something that my husband would ordinarily have bought me (shoes) the same at Christmas (coat). For our anniversary just before Christmas he was with me when I fell in love with a cute little ornament in a charity shop. He bought it for me, though he had no idea it was our anniversary and had forgotten he'd bought it a short while later.

The items were still there though, and his face lights up when he asks me where they came from and I tell him they were a lovely gift from him for birthday, anniversary, Christmas etc.

Thinking of you for your birthday - if you can, treat yourself to something nice on behalf of your husband xx

DixonC

Aug 3, 2016
Yeh these occasions are so hard aren't they, just try and have as good a day as you can, could you meet up with anyone else at least for a cuppa and a chat, or perhaps just a trip out somewhere. Maybe you could treat yourself.

Thinking of you and sending you birthday wishes xx

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Yes it is very hard.
On my last birthday I got him to come with me to a local cafe where we had tea and cake to celebrate. Afterwards he thanked me for treating him. He had no idea it was my birthday, but it was a nice day.

Flower girl

Jan 27, 2017
Bedfordshire
Happy Birthday, enjoy your trip out and I think it's a grand idea as it will give pleasure to your husband as well. We all know how hard it is on these special days but how nice to be able to give each other all this support. Special hugs for your birthday.

esmeralda

Nov 27, 2014
Devon
Happy birthday cuppatea. Hope there are some good times in the day for you both.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
Happy Birthday, cuppatea. And look on it this way - you would have been celebrating your birthday, probably by going out to lunch together, which you can still do, and your husband will probably be delighted! Happy days! :) My late husband used to be so worried that he'd miss my birthday (although he wasn't sure who I was!) that he'd ask me at regular intervals, if there was anything good going on - like when we went out to lunch, which we did very regularly because I couldn't get anything cooked with him - "Is it your birthday?". Or if I paused to look in a shop window - "Is it your birthday?" :)
Meanwhile - have some cake!

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Happy Birthday cuppatea

Attachments

• daffodils.jpg
    daffodils.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 342

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Hope you had a nice lunch for your birthday.

Im sending you virtual wine and choccies.
They dont taste quite as good as the real thing, but at least they are low calorie ;)

cuppatea

Oct 28, 2016
South Wales
Well as you all said we had a lovely lunch. He looked a bit surprised when I said we were going out to where he suggested!! But it was still lovely. Thanks all x

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GillWife