Feel like I’m swimming !

TNJJ

May 7, 2019
cornwall
A phone call from mum today .She was in tears. She had solved the situation with the cat by telling the owner. The cat was back today.I have told her just to ignore him in the garden. She doesn’t want the responsibility..I have told her that it is down to the owner.
She is not coping at home. She no longer enjoys her home . It used to be quiet but is very noisy.
She has mentioned respite where dad used to go. So I’m going to look into it.
Her heart failure is definitely getting worse as she is getting confused. She is not able to comprehend some things.
After dad’s saga last week I’m feeling like I want to get on a slow boat to anywhere!

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I’m so sorry to read about your mum’s distress. It really does sound like time to have a look into alternative arrangements for her.

No wonder you feel like wanting to go on a slow boat to somewhere. Thinking of you and wishing you strength,

Sarasa

Volunteer Host
Apr 13, 2018
Nottinghamshire
@TNJJ, you sound not so much on a slow boat but on two with you with one foot on both. Unfortunalty they are going in different directions and you'll fall in the drink or at least feel like you will until you've got them under control. At least your mum is keen on the idea of respite, I hope you can sort something out for her as then you'll have other able to share the looking after.
{{{hugs}}}

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
You really are in the deep end @TNJJ It`s not sustainable and you know it.

The fact your mum has mentioned respite is promising. I remember the time my grandmother told me she needed to be looked after and asked me to arrange a place in the local home she knew well. She never looked back once she was there. She loved it.

TNJJ

May 7, 2019
cornwall
A phone call from mum today .She was in tears. She had solved the situation with the cat by telling the owner. The cat was back today.I have told her just to ignore him in the garden. She doesn’t want the responsibility..I have told her that it is down to the owner.
She is not coping at home. She no longer enjoys her home . It used to be quiet but is very noisy.
She has mentioned respite where dad used to go. So I’m going to look into it.
Her heart failure is definitely getting worse as she is getting confused. She is not able to comprehend some things.
After dad’s saga last week I’m feeling like I want to get on a slow boat to anywhere!

TNJJ

May 7, 2019
cornwall
I have rung the home today but nobody can answer my question. You would think someone will know. I’m at mums for the next three nights whilst I see to mum and then dad for his hospital appointment on his kidneys. It’s enough to drive you to drink!!

annielou

Sep 27, 2019
Yorkshire
So sorry to read about your mum, hope someone can answer you soon about respite. Its so hard for you with two seperate parents to worry about. No wonder you want to get on a slow boat. I feel the same and I only have one parent to worry about. Sending you a virtual hug ? in lieu of any practical advise x

TNJJ

May 7, 2019
cornwall
Back to the hospital again for an ultrasound on dad’s kidneys. I had to help the lady as she (hospital) has no Sara Steady to help him on the couch. Can you believe it in this day and age.
It was very difficult to get a good scan as not so good in a wheelchair.
But we managed after much ado.
The ultrasound appears to show a lot of scarring on his right kidney which is not functioning well. He used to have Metformin being diabetic but no longer needs it. There is no cancer ,blockage or anything. So it will be interesting to see if anything happens next . He is under the Renal Clinic as his output has decreased and is still doing so...