Fee for nursing homes in north yorkshire

boomerang

Jun 13, 2012
I know you cannot say exactly but my Mom has from now to pay for her private nursing care in the Home they have said it will be a total per week £907.20 does this sound about right I have to sign a contract on her behalf she is self funding so gets no help I thought it would be around £750 - £800 which I was told earlier this year. I have rung home saying if its this high will move her but just wondered if this is the average amount before they call me back as I have got myself a bit stressed with all of this at this rate selling her home it will cover for 4 years now instead of 5 years then all her money is gone. Many thanks for your advice you have helped me alot this last year

crazyfish

Oct 12, 2012
I know you cannot say exactly but my Mom has from now to pay for her private nursing care in the Home they have said it will be a total per week £907.20 does this sound about right I have to sign a contract on her behalf she is self funding so gets no help I thought it would be around £750 - £800 which I was told earlier this year. I have rung home saying if its this high will move her but just wondered if this is the average amount before they call me back as I have got myself a bit stressed with all of this at this rate selling her home it will cover for 4 years now instead of 5 years then all her money is gone. Many thanks for your advice you have helped me alot this last year

Hi Boomerang,
this does sound on the high side but there are some more expensive.
Have you checked out other CH in your area.
Also have you considered your other options.
Have you approached your LA and discussed their Deferred payment Scheme.
Is your Mum in need of 24/7 nursing care in which case you may want to apply for a CHC assessment for FREE NHS care.
If I were you I would certainly NOT be signing CH contract for someone else even if it is for your mum.
This could leave personally liable at a future date.
Get the contract checked out first by someone like a solicitor.
It could end up saving you allot of grief.
In fact don't anything without checking it out first.
MICK

dognecks

Feb 11, 2013
bridport
hi i was working in a care home for dementia and although not state of the art the carers are good and it was 500 ish a week in dorset, but i know that private are around 900 to 1300 a week . . but i agree with the others dont sign yet ask a solictor and do more research

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
I don't know about Yorkshire but that is quite the norm for around here for Nursing homes. In fact, a lot are considerably more. Don't forget that Nursing homes are usually more expensive that Residential Care homes.

Does you mother qualify for the Nursing car funding, which is £108 per week? The trouble I found was that this money is usually just swallowed up in the quoted fees rather than being taken off afterwards. I did ask about this every time I asked the cost and was always told that it has been accounted for in the fees quoted to me!

boomerang

Jun 13, 2012
Hi Boomerang,
this does sound on the high side but there are some more expensive.
Have you checked out other CH in your area.
Also have you considered your other options.
Have you approached your LA and discussed their Deferred payment Scheme.
Is your Mum in need of 24/7 nursing care in which case you may want to apply for a CHC assessment for FREE NHS care.
If I were you I would certainly NOT be signing CH contract for someone else even if it is for your mum.
This could leave personally liable at a future date.
Get the contract checked out first by someone like a solicitor.
It could end up saving you allot of grief.
In fact don't anything without checking it out first.
MICK
thank you all for your replies I had not thought of a solicitor to check this care home contract just assumed everyone had to do it I dont think my mom will have any funds due to her as she has a home to sell and money in bank so she has over the £23000 your allowed but I will try to negotiate tomorrow with the Home and see if they will bring this cost down as all she does is sit in her room literally and do nothing its just awful how in one year she has gone down again thank you all for your replies

crazyfish

Oct 12, 2012
thank you all for your replies I had not thought of a solicitor to check this care home contract just assumed everyone had to do it I dont think my mom will have any funds due to her as she has a home to sell and money in bank so she has over the £23000 your allowed but I will try to negotiate tomorrow with the Home and see if they will bring this cost down as all she does is sit in her room literally and do nothing its just awful how in one year she has gone down again thank you all for your replies

Hi BOomerang,
It's not just about if your mum has money or not.
If your mum is ill then she has statutory rights the same as every other BRitish citizen.
CHC does not come with a means test .
Also is she in receipt of attendance allowance.
Please get some advice before you do or sign anything.
Just don't believe everything you are told by either the NHS or SS they have their own agendas.
Basically to extract as much money as possible from the old and sick.
YOu will find this can be a totally corrupt process it's all about money.
So be very careful and get some help from someone if you feel you can't do it on your own.
When asking questions put everything in writing and get all answers in writing.
Just be very careful don't rush into anything.
Mick

2jays

Jun 4, 2010
West Midlands
CAB also have solicitors.

They may be able to give you enough advice, free,

but they may also send you off to a fee paying solicitor. It's worth a try.

boomerang

Jun 13, 2012
Hi BOomerang,
It's not just about if your mum has money or not.
If your mum is ill then she has statutory rights the same as every other BRitish citizen.
CHC does not come with a means test .
Also is she in receipt of attendance allowance.
Please get some advice before you do or sign anything.
Just don't believe everything you are told by either the NHS or SS they have their own agendas.
Basically to extract as much money as possible from the old and sick.
YOu will find this can be a totally corrupt process it's all about money.
So be very careful and get some help from someone if you feel you can't do it on your own.
When asking questions put everything in writing and get all answers in writing.
Just be very careful don't rush into anything.
Mick

Thank you Mick I will ask about this CHC and also I have a gentleman coming from the court of protection next Friday so will also ask him and make appointment for the solicitor to check the contract they have sent me etc so far I have learnt that everyone who has said they are going to handle everything and come back to me and/or negotiate a price for the home have done absolutely nothing just words and I have had to do all of the chasing its not right but I guess until this government changes things we are all stuck my Mom would be traumatised if she was aware what was happening thanks again

stevew

Oct 30, 2010
CORNWAL
Hi, I note from your above entry a COP visitor is due, I assume you may also be a deputy. I would not sign any ch contract until all facts and figures have been checked out. Please consider other care homes and also, the cost of such homes throughout different counties varies between £500 - over £1000 weekly. I have found that some care / nursing homes charge for the size of the room or the view rather than the identified needs. Good luck.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sharonmatthews1976