fedup

christmas

Apr 27, 2014
Leicestershire
Hi so sorry for this but I am so fedup we never go out and if I don't get out this house I will go mad ,all Peter want to do is sit a round I have done everything I can to get him out but he don't want to know it's doing my head in right now I hate the children they don't help ,he won't stay with anyone so I can go out ,I am sorry but I am sick of being nice all the time when all I want to do is shout at him ,he won't get dressed i think I am going mad .sorry for the rant but I have to tell someone who understands what it's like x Christmas xxx

loveahug

Nov 28, 2012
Moved to Leicester
is he totally resistant to befriender or a sitter, someone who can pretend to be your friend to start with and, once he's used to them, who can offer to stay while you 'pop to the shops' or something? What happens if you're ill or have to go into hospital? I'm sorry I don't know your circumstances so apologise if you've tried everything, being incarcerated has to be the hardest thing, you have my heartfelt sympathy.

Hugs

patsy56

Jan 14, 2015
Fife Scotland
is he totally resistant to befriender or a sitter, someone who can pretend to be your friend to start with and, once he's used to them, who can offer to stay while you 'pop to the shops' or something? What happens if you're ill or have to go into hospital? I'm sorry I don't know your circumstances so apologise if you've tried everything, being incarcerated has to be the hardest thing, you have my heartfelt sympathy.

Hugs

Hi Christmas, what I am going to say isn't going to help, OH is older than me and has parkinson's which is slowly going to dementia. Yes I know what it is like not to go out. I am able to nip to the shops, (at the momnet) but frightened he falls or has another heart attack. I have to be careful also to be back when I say...eg going out for couple of hours be bacK 11.30. I have times down to fine art.

christmas

Apr 27, 2014
Leicestershire

Hugs

I have try that and he just goes mad when I say I am going it just not going to work it's just good I can write on here will try again with him x

Pickles53

Feb 25, 2014
Radcliffe on Trent
Your OH doesn't realise this but if you end up with carer's breakdown because of this dreadful stress things will be much worse for him too.

Is it time to ask for him to go into respite care for a couple of weeks? You could always blame it on the doctor who says he/you need a complete rest.

He may well be angry, but I personally don't believe that just because a person has dementia they have to have their own way all the time. If he goes into respite you will know that he is safe and the professionals will be used to difficult behaviour.

Last edited:

Spamar

Oct 5, 2013
Suffolk
I put OH into respite, making it my fault ( well, I did have Carers breakdown) and the gp had said I needed complete break.
That way he could blame me and gp but it was going to go ahead.
That was a year ago, he's now in care home full time, barely able to walk or talk, way past my capabilities of caring for him.

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
Christmas please do think on what Pickles53 and Spamar have said - you will be no good to man nor beast if you break down and you sound close to it - for both your sakes get some help; at this point your needs override your husband's refusals - at the very least go to your own GP and offload exactly how things are and how you feel so s/he can support YOU

christmas

Apr 27, 2014
Leicestershire
Thank you all for your help I am going to the doctors next week I will have a word with him ,I know I need to do something I feel so down, but I feel awful that I feel like this when it not his fault bless him I just need some space from him for 1 day would be nice x

Bill Owen

Feb 17, 2014
BRIDGEND
Dad

Hi so sorry for this but I am so fedup we never go out and if I don't get out this house I will go mad ,all Peter want to do is sit a round I have done everything I can to get him out but he don't want to know it's doing my head in right now I hate the children they don't help ,he won't stay with anyone so I can go out ,I am sorry but I am sick of being nice all the time when all I want to do is shout at him ,he won't get dressed i think I am going mad .sorry for the rant but I have to tell someone who understands what it's like x Christmas xxx

Sorry but you Children if gown up .( NEED) TO STAND UP AND BE COUNTED AT THIS TIME .NEED TO TELL THEM TO PULL THERE WIGTH HAS WELL. SORRY YOU WILL NEED THE TIME FOR YOU SELF . JUST TO HAVE A BIT OF LIFE

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GillWife