Fed Up Of!

EllieS

Aug 23, 2005
SOMERSET
Do you know....

You're all nuts (in the nicest possible way).

All of you wonderful people who 24-care your loved ones never cease to put me to shame for not having Mum live with me.

You truly are good people AND if there is something after this life you really will be rewarded.

How you keep going I really don't know - I think this forum is so good, especially it would seem if you use it regularly enough to get to have all these friends to blast off with.

Loads of Love to you all.
Ellie
(I woke up this morning blubbering and am still blubbering but now know I know nothing!! but still blubbering.

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
All you late-nighters don't half make it difficult to catch up in the morning! We oldies need our beauty sleep, you know! :D (Wonder when it's going tp start to show?)

Hazel
Just a coffee?

Forgot to ask how is John this week?
Roseann

Hi
Can I come to, as I only live approx 20mins from Moffat, I could get there no problem, although I don't know where we can be pampered and spoiled in Moffat.

Maybe Peebles would be better

IF ONLY!!

Love Alfjess

OK folks, here's the plan!

First stop Dumfries for coffee chez Hazel.

Second stop Moffat for second coffee, visit to sweet shop.

Then Peebles Stobo Castle for lunch and pampering.

How does that sound?

John's fine, thanks, Roseann. His heel is still infected, and he's still sleeping most of the time, but he's OK, thanks for asking.

If you're going to Peebles can I come too, please..

Course you can come. gigi, it wouldn't be the same without you.:) You too, Alfjess, I didn't realise you were so close.

You're all nuts (in the nicest possible way).

Absolutely, Ellie, you've got us sussed! It's the only way to get by.

All of you wonderful people who 24-care your loved ones never cease to put me to shame for not having Mum live with me.

Absolutely not, Ellie. We're caring for spouses, that's just the way it is. It's a whole different scenario, caring for parents, and I have huge respect for you all.

- I think this forum is so good, especially it would seem if you use it regularly enough to get to have all these friends to blast off with.

Stick with us, you'll soon get to know us, and even be as mad as we are!:D

Love to all,

Last edited:

andrear

Feb 13, 2008
Yorkshire
Macaroni Pies!!!

Gigi tell us more!!! Sounds too good to be true!!

I'm going to borrow some hot air from Barb and join you all - well thats if I can land the hot air balloon!!
Peeble, Dumfries - know the areas well - JOns relatives live around the area.
Love AndreaX

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
My goodness the plans have changed somewhat since I suggested Roseann and I ran off together!

Hot air balloons and pampering - sounds good. I hope I am included.

Love Jan

ROSEANN

Oct 1, 2006
staffordshire
I have to agree with Jan things have changed somewhat but how you all have cheered me up.

Hazel
I knew you would rise to the occasion but please don`t let them all know about the sweet shop there will be nothing left for us.
Hope the weather picks up
All the best Roseann :)

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Oh, I hope so, Roseann!

After six weeks of almost drought conditions, with river levels lower than I've ever seen them, and the 'garden' more like the Sahara, it has rained non-stop, and heavily, for the last two days.

I know we needed rain, but surely a touch of moderation is mot too much to ask for. Next, the town centre will be flooded!

Don't worry about the sweet shop, it never runs out!:D

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Ok - you are welcome to the sweetshop - but I will need a 'nut and cheese' shop. (Yes I know I will be with a load of nuts but its the savooury eats I mean). Hope I will not be too isolated :(

Love Jan

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
So now, from a simple running away episode I can visualise myself in a canoe along the flooded streets of ? where (missed that), with my bag of peanuts which I need not share because everyone else wants sweets :).

Is the sun going to be shining for all of us by then? :rolleyes:

Roseann - if you are still there ?? - hope you can soon change the title of this thread - to 'when are we off?'

Love to all Jan

helen.tomlinson

Mar 27, 2008
Hi Jan

I'll share your peanuts if they are chocolate coated:D We could come to the dickensian weekend in Buxton:D Oh no I forgot you are supposed to be getting away!

Love Helen

citybythesea

Mar 23, 2008
coast of texas
To all you wonderful ladies...and gents (if need be)

Ok reading the post I LOVE YOUR IDEAS...I am loving the way you are talking (Tho I do not know logistics as I am much to far away and the maps I look up confuse me...thank you Nasa for the gps) I do hope that some of you will look at it as reality and try to get together...I think you all would really enjoy it!

HUGS

Nancy

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
If ever we do - and logistically it will be difficult - then YOU will be very much in our hearts and minds.

I think with TP one must always think of those 'not present' even if it is not online at that point. We all have so many responsibilities we cannot be here at the same time - so distance and time make much difference.

But you never know, you may venture over here sometime and there are umpteen of us who may manage Texas one day.

Love Jan

christine_batch

Jul 31, 2007
Buckinghamshire
I only went away for 3 days !!!!!

Hi everyone,
What a difference in three days. Before I went to Helen's for the three days, we were all getting ready for Ascot!

I missed you all and this change of scene for me for the three days was only five minutes away from my house.

Guest bedroom made up in my favourite colour - lilac and now I am back home you are all going away.

If you all don't mind, please can I come with you all on the next trip ?

Love from
Christine

alfjess

Jul 10, 2006
south lanarkshire
Hi All

Coffee at Hazel's, Moffat sweet shop and a pampering session at Stobo Castle sounds heaven to me, not forgetting the macaroni pie.

Just tell me when:)

Alfjess

Splat88

Jul 13, 2005
Essex
Is there enough hot air to get us poor hard done by southerners up there to over the border? London may be exciting, but its not very restful!

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
There is plenty of hot air - if it fails in the south by the time you get to the Midlands you will be well and truly set for the borders.
(Don;t forget to clock into the 'when' thread. :)

Love Jan

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Is there enough hot air to get us poor hard done by southerners up there to over the border? London may be exciting, but its not very restful!

No problem there, you lot are full of it!:D

I don't think you'll get much rest, though. Stobo won't know what's hit it!