Father's Obsession with Finances

Chloe

Jun 3, 2004
Don't mean to break the mood, but is there any chance the Big White Fib would work for any part of this? ie we don't have to pay for heating any more, it is all piped in centrally by Social Services as a special support measure for war veterans? this chicken was knocked down in the road by a car and the bottel of genuine pre war whiskey I am clutching I dug up outside...

Obsessions are such a funny thing but I think must be to do with life ownership - with us it is everything my grandmother can see from the window - the Gate. Is the Gate Shut? A big dog might come in. A big dog did come in. A man came in and took away the cat. All I can think is that she wants to be responsible for something, and we have not been able to divert her to anything else - aren't there any sure fire displacement activities? I would pay to hear of them.. multiply that by quite a few other people and there's a nice lucrative career for someone there...

C

Chesca

Dear Chloe

I don't believe there are any sure fire displacement measures. I think you have hit the nail on the head: it's life ownership of a particular peccadillo, as individual as the DNA.

The only one common dominator I have found is that of acquiesence - whatever it is, just agree, empathise or arrange to sort it, as Elizabeth did with her Mum and 'Boy'. You really do have to enter another dimension if you yourself are not to become demented in your own thinking! However, I am living proof that this manner of dealing is not necessarily a recommendation................................

Lots of love
Chesca

Sheila

Oct 23, 2003
West Sussex
Hi all, I have just tried to explain to my son the saga of Judes computer, Normans frog, Teds cow etc. etc. he now thinks it's time he found a home for me --- help! Love She. XX

C

Chesca

Dear She, your son is quite correct.

I've got a spare room as soon you've finished packing your goods and chattells into Sainsbury, Tesco, Asda, Morrisons (have I left any out?) or Bargain Booze bags of which I seem to have a surfeit. Welcome, my dear demented cohort, to the B&B for the Bewildered! Visiting hours will be limited according to the amount of those gifts brought by the son!

Lots of love
Chesca (the Matron)

C

Chesca

My dearest of Minnies

Bring a black market bottle and your winceyette pyjams, it gets a bit drafty here what with the Luftwaffe damage to the foundations. Or am I in the wrong thread and it's not really 1941. It's a worry. Never mind, we'll manage!

Love from
Chesca

Mjaqmac

Mar 13, 2004
Book me in too Chesca. Could do with the night time company.

Spent a long sleepless night last night. Ended up listening to Barry (look, I'm sorry but it's a hard habit to break). Also my other favourite sexy voiced naughty night boy, Gordon Haskell. If you don't have "Harry's Bar" cd you don't know what you're missing, it's great!

Have a gorgeous set of black ringed, swollen eyes today, mmm...sexy!

Mum is throwing a blue fit looking for clothes to go to work in. God that one came from nowhere, one minute it's the sleep of the dead then it's up, out of bed and round the room like a Tasmanian devil.

Excuse me while I go and administer the oxygen. (And that's just for me!)

Magic the Panda. x

Last edited:

Jude

Dec 11, 2003
Tully, Qld, Australia
The Big White Lies

Dear Chloe,

Everything here is paid for by the 'Goverment'. They pay our heating, lighting, rent, Tesco food bills and the newspapers. Also pensions, allowances and probably the petrol bill, if that was ever in question and knowing Dad, he will get around to asking sooner or later....

For diversonary tactics we have squirrels, rabbits, birds and the odd deer that wanders in to the garden, not forgetting Ollie our resident comedian.

Jude

Jude

Dec 11, 2003
Tully, Qld, Australia
Dear Chloe,

Other diversonary tactics include Dad flooding the kitchen, which is what has just happened......... and Ollie has just wee'd in the lounge because there were several inches of water between him and his loo. My life seems full of unwanted liquids this morning!

Grrrrr...!

Jude

Sheila

Oct 23, 2003
West Sussex
Dear fellow midnight warblers, have bottle, will travel. Have decided to hitch a ride on the horse and cart. Will pick up Magic on route (it's a circular one) See you next year, now is that 42 or 05?? sorry got to toddle off and ask number one son, oh lor' thats torn it, men in white coats on way so will thumb it till I reach Magic's! Love She. XX

Sheila

Oct 23, 2003
West Sussex
Dear Chloe, Mum used to quite like puzzles, not too many pieces, 20 or so in the end. Also liked her photos and a big old brief stle case with loads of "important" papers in which she continually sorted and resorted. She also permanantly had a suitcase in her bedroom which she packed in the small hours and I unpacked again when she was at day care. Not ideal, but it was better than trying to get her back to bed when she was adament she had to be ready to leave the "hotel" before breakfast! Love She. XX

Sheila

Oct 23, 2003
West Sussex
Jude, your not going to have another exploding episode are you, this is how the last one started and that poor detective is still being detained for his own safety!? Love, She. XX

C

Chesca

Dear She, Jude and The Panda - and all welcome guests

B&B for the Bewildered

Better put a move on! Heard there was a banana boat in today and took my ration book down the market. Queued all day but managed to get two for supper. We can have a banana party. Also met a fella name of Belafonte, quite nice voice, who promised we'd meet again, but didn't know where or when.

Can't wait for demob day. Jude's starts tomorrow, I believe!

DayO day-da-a-a-O
Chesca

Mjaqmac

Mar 13, 2004
Dear Chess

Panda will not be attending banana party (prefer eucalyptus leaves anyway)
as she is an utterly rung out, worthless excuse for a human being tonight with matchsticks propping up eyelids and a dodgy tummy from not cooking turkey breast long enough whilst sampling wine (just to make sure it complimented turkey you understand!).

Panda feels sick to the stomach, exhausted and about to burn out. Unfortunately have to wait til 10.30pm for mummy putting to bed time before I can collapse and stare at ceiling for another night. Don't you love the free will that comes with being a carer? Wasn't that a movie, or was that free willy? Say no more!

Norman

Oct 9, 2003
Birmingham Hades
Chesca
can I come and bring the brown frog?
He is happy with a few slugsand a snail if you have one.
I will bring my flannel night shirt and hat with a tassel.
Don't forget the warming pan
Norman

C

Chesca

Norman

Brown frog is more than welcome, as long as he doesn't frighten the ladies, but there may not be too much in the way of delicacies for him. I'll get the torch out and see if I can found a couple of slugs under the hostas, but am afraid the snails were all done with a little garlic for tea. Times are hard. Got the warming pan, can you bring the hot coals.

Chesca

Sheila

Oct 23, 2003
West Sussex
funny you should say that, mines been playing up all evening and I hav'nt had any mail alerts either so sorry if I appear out of touch. Love She. XX

Jude

Dec 11, 2003
Tully, Qld, Australia
Dear All,

The gremlins were here in droves last night. Couldn't get the computer to keep going for more than a couple of minutes. Gave up in the end......

Sorry I missed the banana party. Will expect you all sooner or later on the horse and cart.

Jude

C

Chesca

My first look at unread posts and guess....................just off for PC. crash recovery gear, again! (That's a good looking RAC guy and a valium). I really don't believe it, and am going to need all the help I can get today..........guess who's coming to dinner!

It's Royal Visit day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Part I

Chesca