• We're currently experiencing technical issues with our newsletter software, so our Dementia Talking Point monthly updates have been put on hold for now. We hope to restart the newsletter soon.

    Find out more >here<.



Registered User
Dec 1, 2015
My father lives in Spain my step mum is bringing him over for Christmas she needs a break & ask me to find a place where she can get rest bite care for him in a care home for a few days can any one help please


Registered User
May 21, 2014
Care homes that give respite just for a few days are very elusive. The minimum is usually a week. If your dad is not a resident in the UK, I doubt Social Seevices will get involved much apart from maybe giving you a list of local care homes. You might find such a list online as well. Then call them up and ask whether they have spaces and could accommodate and what their rates are. If not subsidised by SS, they can be quite steep. Then go and visit - never book blind!