Father unable to stand.

Kirstie

Jun 18, 2012
My father is in the later stages of dementia. He is 69 and lost mobility over a year ago. Presently my mother and I help him stand in order to change him as he's doubly incontinent. He is now losing the ability to stand and support himself ( we pretty much hold him up) so we are looking at a hoist.
Just wondered if a) anyone uses one and b) how easy is it to change a dementia sufferer who is unable to do anything for themselves.

Martinj

Jan 23, 2016
Contact social services

My father is in the later stages of dementia. He is 69 and lost mobility over a year ago. Presently my mother and I help him stand in order to change him as he's doubly incontinent. He is now losing the ability to stand and support himself ( we pretty much hold him up) so we are looking at a hoist.
Just wondered if a) anyone uses one and b) how easy is it to change a dementia sufferer who is unable to do anything for themselves.

I plucked up courage and asked for assesment from social services for myself and wife who is in the same position . Occupation health will also help with hoist . Don't delay like me .It.s made a world of difference