Father in law- has died.

garfield3

Jun 30, 2018
Dear all,

Just to update you , but hubby's father has just died . He got the call 1/2 ago. About an hour after he arrived back here. He at least got to see him yesterday. His stepmom and one of the daughters was there at the end. I am really pleased he saw him. I was going to to speak to him and see him on the webcam after dinner. I feel really bad I didn't manage to.

Thank you all for being supportive and listening.

Sue

Susan11

Nov 18, 2018
Dear all,

Just to update you , but hubby's father has just died . He got the call 1/2 ago. About an hour after he arrived back here. He at least got to see him yesterday. His stepmom and one of the daughters was there at the end. I am really pleased he saw him. I was going to to speak to him and see him on the webcam after dinner. I feel really bad I didn't manage to.

Thank you all for being supportive and listening.

Sue
So sorry to hear, glad that your husband got to see him . Take care Susan

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))))) garfield
Dont feel bad, you did what you could and he wasnt alone.
xx

garfield3

Jun 30, 2018
Please accept my condolences.

I’m so sorry. My thoughts are with you.

So sorry to hear, glad that your husband got to see him .
Take care Susan

((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))))) garfield
Dont feel bad, you did what you could and he wasnt alone.

xx
So sorry sending my condolences

The pain and misery of this dreadful disease is finally over

Thank you all for your thoughts. As has been said he is not in pain anymore. According to hubby yesterday he was in a lot of pain even though he was on morphine. The journey is ow over. :(

maryjoan

Mar 25, 2017
South of the Border
Thank you all for your thoughts. As has been said he is not in pain anymore. According to hubby yesterday he was in a lot of pain even though he was on morphine. The journey is ow over. :(
The journey is over for all of you - my condolences and be proud of what you have done for your father in law....

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I’m sorry to read your news. Sending my condolences and wishing you strength.

Bunpoots

Volunteer Host
Apr 1, 2016
Nottinghamshire
My condolences @garfield3. my dad died so quickly (within 12 minutes of the Carehome staff calling me) that no-one got to his side in time. He'd been drinking coffee only hours earlier.

I too am sorry I wasn't with him, but he wasn't alone and I wouldn't have wanted him to hang on just for me...