Farewell to my Father

Jude

Dec 11, 2003
Tully, Qld, Australia
Dear Friends,

Just a short note to let you know that my father died peacefully on 18 April.

I booked a 'medical emergency' flight from Oz to the UK but due to a 7 hour unshceduled stopoever in Sydney and a 36 hour flight, I arrived just a matter of minutes too late to be with him when he died.

My father was in his 90th year and despite several of his friends and colleagues having passed away before, many family members and friends came to say goodbye. It was a quiet funeral and the weather was glorious.

Thanks to all friends on Tp for your continuing support over the past years.

Losing both of my parents to AD within 10 months is a pretty hard load to bear. They were married for almost 65 years and I am hopeful that they are now together again and have finally beaten Altzheimers.

Best wishes,

Jude

Taffy

Apr 15, 2007
Dear Jude
I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your dad. I send my deepest sympathy. You have certainly had your share of sadness with lossing both parents in such a short time.I hope that your mum and dad are now both together and in a better place. Take Care.

Brucie

Jan 31, 2004
near London
Hello Jude

I was fortunate to meet your parents a few times and they were dear people.

65 together years is a major triumph, something you played a major part in helping them achieve.

My thoughts are with you now.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Dear Jude,

I would like to offer my deepest sympathy and sincere condolences on the death of your father.

Take care

noelphobic

Feb 24, 2006
Liverpool
I'm so sorry for your loss Jude, and that you lost your father so soon after your mother. As you say, hopefully they will be together now and free from illness.

Take care.

Claire

Mar 31, 2004
Coventry
So sorry to hear your news Jude. You gave your parents the best of support, and now they are free of this horrible disease. You gave so many of us huge support, too, for which I say thank you.

Yake care

Claire

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Dear Jude

So sorry to hear of the loss of your father. Coming so soon after your mother, you must be feeling absolutely flattened. As you say, they are now together and free from their illness. Keep remembering this in your grief.

Be good to yourelf now, and keep in touch whenever you can.

Love,

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
sorry to read about your father passing away so soon after your mother
They were married for almost 65 years and I am hopeful that they are now together again and have finally beaten Altzheimers.
I also echo those words ((hugs))) xx

Nell

Aug 9, 2005
Australia
Dear Jude,
From one Aussie to another - my sincerest condolences on the loss of your father. The distance factor is such a hard one, isn't it? I'm so sorry the delays prevented you from being there at the time he died, but I'm sure his spirit knows you were winging your way to him.

May you find some peace and comfort in the knowledge he and your Mum are free from pain and together again. Take care of yourself now.

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
Dear Jude, so sorry to read your news. No one could have done more than you did for both mum and dad.

Take care of yourself now. Thinking of you,

Cate

Jul 2, 2006
Newport, Gwent
Dear Jude

So very sorry to hear of you loss, mum and dad are together again and free from this dreadful illness.

Time to look after yourself now.

Take Care

Cate

Jude

Dec 11, 2003
Tully, Qld, Australia
Thank you to all...

Dear Friends,

Thank you all so very much for your kind words and support. It means a great deal to me and your sentiments are appreciated beyond that which I can adequately express at present.

I'll be back when I've got my head around things.....

Jude xxx

Tina

May 19, 2006
Sending sympathy and condolences to you and yours, Jude, at this sad time.

Tina

jan.

Apr 19, 2006
Cheshire, UK.
Dear Jude,

I`m so sorry to read about your sad news.

Sending sincere condolences and deepest sympathy. Thinking of you.

Love Jan. X

DeborahBlythe

Dec 1, 2006
Dear Jude, I'm very sorry to read the news here about your dad, and your journey home. Even if there hadn't been that delay on the way at one point, there's no saying that the traffic in the UK would have obliged on the day either. You did your best which is all that anyone can do. What a fantastic score.. 65 years together. How wonderful to have lived a life with all that love, even if the end was sad. Please accept sincerest condolences and do look after yourself and come back soon, if you feel able. Love Deborah

janetruth

Mar 20, 2007
nuneaton
Jude

Time, was not on your side, if you believe in fate, then there was a reason.
Your Mum and Dad are now together and at peace.

Janetruth x
I

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anne Paterson