Farewell to my Father

Jude

Dec 11, 2003
Tully, Qld, Australia
Dear Friends,

Thanks so much to all who posted after I last looked in.

It rained for 3 weeks solid here after I got back which didn't help me feel a whole lot better at the time. We've now had some beautiful days and I've been fanging into the garden at my new house and immersing myself in the backpackers hostel. The day that I was moving house was the day that I had to jump on the plane for the UK, so things got incredibly messy. I've finally unpacked!

Am feeling a whole lot better doing things. I've also been playing Gilbert & Sullivan almost non-stop which has helped me get my head around Dad's departure. It was his life and I am playing it for both of us at present - and probably for the neighbours too, except they are rather far away to appreciate the Royal Shakespeare Co at full volume....

Thanks again to all.

Jude

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Good luck, Jude. Enjoy the sunshine, for once we've got the same here!
Does wonders for the spirits!:)

graham

Apr 23, 2007
London
Hi Jude

My Dad died April !st 2 weeks after I moved flat so I know some of what youre going through!

I found it so hard after the funeral to come 'home' to a load of unpacked boxes in a strange empty flat

So sad that you weren't there at the moment when he passed but I hope you dont allow yourself to be TOO upset about that as I'm sure there are plenty of moments to remember when you WERE there for which he was no doubt really happy and grateful

No matter what happens if it isn't one regret its another so we just have to draw a line under things which are too painful sometimes

It all takes time and its a question of plodding forward

All the best to you

Graham

Recent Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jackiejan