Farewell to loved ones.

blightygirl

Apr 16, 2012
My 'Mum in Law' passed away mid morning today. She suffered a heart attack in the home, and they managed to bring her back but suffered a second heart attack 30 mins later in hospital which was fatal.

The care home, give them their due, phoned an ambulance immediately and certainly seemed to care during her 2 weeks stay.

A difficult and upsetting day and the only thing I am grateful was that I could be with Father in Law when he heard the bad news, and to be with him when he said goodbye at the hospital. His son sadly was working a few hours away and I know he would dearly loved to have been there, and I feel for him as he adores his parents. I have left them alone to have some time without me being there, making too many cups of tea!

I am also very grateful that I met my future mum in law 5 years ago when the Alz's had just started and before it really took hold, and that even right up to the end I could make her laugh and we had a good time together. She was a wonderful lady. Very small comfort, but at least she isnt in pain anymore which she has suffered from for a long time.

I would like to say thankyou to folk here, to those who helped with their advice with my questions and to everyone who took time to share their own problems and help each other, reading here has been a real help in the last two weeks, so much information and a ton of kindness.

Take good care, lots of luck and good wishes to you all in your lives. I hope one day that people get all the help they need to look after loved ones and that the elderly will be treated by authorities with the respect they deserve.

Thanks
xxx
xx

sussexsue

Jun 10, 2009
West Sussex
So sorry to hear your news. Know only too well the mixed emotions of sadness, relief, happy memories and pure grief.

Take care

Sue xx

littlegem

Nov 11, 2010
north Wales
Your Mum-in-law sounds like she was a lovely lady.
So sorry to hear of her passing.
I am sure you will all take care of each other at this difficult time.
xxxx

jan.s

Sep 20, 2011
I am so sorry to read about your mum in law. She sounds like she was a special person and brought you happiness. She is at peace.

Jan xx

Pheath

Dec 31, 2009
UK
My condolences to you and your family during this very sad time. It must have been such an emotional day and it sounds as though you were a tower of strength to your father in law. Wishing you well for the days ahead and am glad you have wonderful memories to cherish of the time prior to her becoming ill.

turbo

Aug 1, 2007
Hello blightygirl, I am so sorry to read your sad news about your mother in law and send your family my sincere condolences.

turbo

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I'm sorry to read your news. It sounds like you had a lovely relationship with your mum. You must have been a real comfort to her. x

scarletpauline

Jul 19, 2009
Leicestershire
Your post brought tears to my eyes, I am so sorry to hear that your mother in law has passed away, but you had some happy times together and you were able to make her laugh. Take care now of yourself and family. Love Pauline xx

blightygirl

Apr 16, 2012
Thankyou for your kind wishes and words.. see, you are amazing here!

Its so hard knowing what to do and I am scared of upsetting them or saying something wrong. I guess just being there if and when needed is all I can do. Today they've gone to the care home to collect her things and I know that will be just awful. I wish I could wave a magic wand and make everything ok.

Thanks again. Good luck to you all and warmest wishes.
xx

Recent Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dorarosa