FAQs

karaokePete

Jul 23, 2017
N Ireland
Sorry to be dim but I cant seem to send a private message. I clciked on the envelope next to my name in top RH corner but it just shows me a welcome msg and cant find a way to send a pm. Is there a restriction because I am new here? Thnx a lot for yr help !
I think that only works once you have made 10 posts

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
Sorry to be dim but I cant seem to send a private message. I clciked on the envelope next to my name in top RH corner but it just shows me a welcome msg and cant find a way to send a pm. Is there a restriction because I am new here? Thnx a lot for yr help !
Before you have sent 10 posts you are a new member with some restrictions, one of these is to be unable to start a conversation although you can reply to another member.

You're currently on 8 so keep posting.

ClaireeW

Sep 22, 2021
@Londonbird if you type @ and then the first letter(s) of the member, a list should appear with their name on it. Tap on that and then write your post. When you "post reply", it will highlight the member's name and they'll get a notification. Do you want to try mine as a test?

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
To reply in a conversation just type in the box below their message.

You cannot start a conversation until you have made 10 posts.

Londonbird

Oct 27, 2021
Hi@claireew yeah about replying to a thread that I posted.
To reply in a conversation just type in the box below their message.

You cannot start a conversation until you have made 10 posts.
Hi@nitram I think I have got it now, just a bit difficult responding to each thread like this when I thought I could just hit reply at the end of the persons message xx thank you

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
Hi@nitram I think I have got it now, just a bit difficult responding to each thread like this when I thought I could just hit reply at the end of the persons message xx thank you
Hitting 'reply' inserts a quote of the post you are replying to, add your post below this and click 'post reply'

If you don't want to quote just type in the box and click 'post reply'

ClaireeW

Sep 22, 2021
hi @Londonbird
if you leave a space between hi and the @ symbol, you'll find that the member's name appears in blue, and then the member will be notified you have replied specifically to them

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
@Londonbird
You'll soon be promoted from 'new member' to 'registered user' and be able to start conversations and post images which includes quoting posts containing images.

Liz53

Nov 24, 2021
Hi. Is there a way of thanking people for replying and acknowledging that they have replied other than posting a reply? The system only let me do this once. Thanks

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
Hi. Is there a way of thanking people for replying and acknowledging that they have replied other than posting a reply? The system only let me do this once. Thanks

No. There is no 'like' option on DTP.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
How do I post ? Introduce myself

You can introduce yourself here -

Once you’ve introduced yourself you might want to start a thread of your own in the I Care For A Person With Dementia area of the forum.