FAQs

Tin

May 18, 2014
UK
Assuming Windows.
  • On the post right click on post number top right
  • In the dropdown right click on 'copy link address'
  • In your post right click where you want to insert the link (If start of reply
  • Left click
  • Right click on 'paste in dropdown.' If 'write your reply...' is showing left click to clear else paste will not show
Job done, Christmas has come early?
Saffie has done it for me, but I have noted your instructions. A lot of clicking going on there, puts me in mind of one of the African languages.

Pete R

Jul 26, 2014
Staffs
I am finding that on my DT when clicking on a thread, that are highlighted BLUE in recent posts, which I have never looked at before it takes me to the latest post.

It does not happen with threads do not have recent posts.

And no I am not clicking on the little Blue button.

This does not happen on my tablet.

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
I agree on a laptop (W10 , Chrome, Firefox, or Edge)
What OS is on your tablet?

Could well be by design and indexing (for searches) is still catching up.

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
So it is not just something simple like the little Blue dot and the main title have been wrongly soldered together?

Can you find the two links either by hovering or 'save link as' - know nothing about Android.
The dot should be the same as the title with /unread appended.

Pete R

Jul 26, 2014
Staffs
Can you find the two links either by hovering or 'save link as' - know nothing about Android.
The dot should be the same as the title with /unread appended.
In Android it does as it is supposed to so nothing needs doing.

The rest of your message I do not understand:confused:

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
In Android it does as it is supposed to so nothing needs doing.

You have assumed the design intention which I don't know.
This thread is monitored so staff should respond in due course.

Last edited:

Pete R

Jul 26, 2014
Staffs
You have assumed the design intention which I don't know.
This thread is monitored so staff should respond.

In W10......
I assume the little Blue dot takes me to my last unread post in that thread which is does.

I assume clicking on the main thread title takes me to the very start of the thread which is does not, instead it takes me to the latest post.

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
Summary of what I see on laptop in 'recent posts'

Black - always start of thread

Blue - title - never visited - start of thread
Blue - title -visited - first unread post

Blue - dot - always first unread post

HarrietD

Staff Member
Staff member
Apr 29, 2014
London
Hi everyone,

Thanks for all of your feedback about the new software so far :) Sorry for the delay in replying - just catching up with this thread.

@Pete R - as nitram mentioned, when you click on the little blue dot it should take you to the first unread post in that discussion. Clicking on the main title should do the same. Does that help?

Again, a huge thanks to everyone for your feedback so far - we really appreciate it! Please keep letting us know what you think, and any questions you might have.

Pete R

Jul 26, 2014
Staffs
as nitram mentioned, when you click on the little blue dot it should take you to the first unread post in that discussion. Clicking on the main title should do the same. Does that help?
so the point of the little Blue dot is......?:confused:

Beate

May 21, 2014
London
Hi everyone,

Thanks for all of your feedback about the new software so far :) Sorry for the delay in replying - just catching up with this thread.

@Pete R - as nitram mentioned, when you click on the little blue dot it should take you to the first unread post in that discussion. Clicking on the main title should do the same. Does that help?

Again, a huge thanks to everyone for your feedback so far - we really appreciate it! Please keep letting us know what you think, and any questions you might have.
No offence but are you going to tell us at some point what you might be doing about our concerns? I'll say it again, I absolutely hate the chat room being at the bottom of the screen. You cannot close it and as it's not well-used, you'll find the same sentence there for ages. I don't care about it. I want to be able to close that chat screen completely. Can you please tell us if you are going to do something about it, and if not, why not? I really feel that the chat room is pushed into our faces, whether we like it or not.

Rant over

Quenelise

Oct 7, 2017
I think it is wonderful that we have the opportunity to share our issues here. And we don't have to pay for it. The forum is free. Thank you so much for providing this service.
I've never seen anywhere else where the opportunity to comment on the software used is available, and find it is an amazing service considered that we do not have to pay a penny.
Thanks again :)

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
I'll say it again, I absolutely hate the chat room being at the bottom of the screen. You cannot close it and as it's not well-used, you'll find the same sentence there for ages.

Personally I do not find the last chat entry being displayed a distraction using a laptop.

You cannot switch chat off but you can make the displayed line disappear and not return until either a new entry is submitted, you enter chat, or you close and reopen your browser.

To do this open chat, type in /clear and click on 'submit', then leave chat by other than the green rectangle.

If you want to recover all the cleared content go to 'chat archive' and click on 'live chat'

<Above using Chrome YMMV>

Chemmy

Nov 7, 2011
Yorkshire
Personally I do not find the last chat entry being displayed a distraction using a laptop.

You cannot switch chat off but you can make the displayed line disappear and not return until either a new entry is submitted, you enter chat, or you close and reopen your browser.

To do this open chat, type in /clear and click on 'submit', then leave chat by other than the green rectangle.

If you want to recover all the cleared content go to 'chat archive' and click on 'live chat'

<Above using Chrome YMMV>

It doesn't work that way for me, nitram. I'm using MS Edge; it clears the line, but as soon as I go into recent posts, the current last post reappears.