Family Commitments

Sheila

Oct 23, 2003
West Sussex
Hi all, I may not be able to post for a while, hubby has an Op tomorrow and son in law has one on Monday so a bit tied up. Love She. XX

C

Chesca

Dear Sheila

Will miss you and many best wishes go with you and yours during your absence.

Look forward to you untying the knots on your return.

Lots of love
Chesca

Brucie

Jan 31, 2004
near London
Hi Sheila

we'll miss your contributions, so I hope we'll see you back very soon. Meanwhile, best wishes for the next week or so.

Sheila

Oct 23, 2003
West Sussex
Thanks everyone, we really appreciate your support. Andy is OK, Op a success. Son in law has his tomorrow. Love She. XX

Sheila

Oct 23, 2003
West Sussex
Hello everyone, sorry to have not posted till now. Son in law is tired but OK, we have to wait about a fortnight for all the biopsy reports etc. then we shall know if chemo is an option. Thank you all so much for your support, we really appreciate it. Will now try to catch up and see what you've all been up to! Love She. XX

C

Chesca

Dear Sheila

Welcome back and so glad that so far everything has gone not too bad, although I don't underestimate the underlying tensions that waiting for biopsy results can bring - went through something similar myself not so very long ago.

In the meantime, if you are really up to it and want to know what has been going on behind your back, it would appear we have all at some time been hitting the bottle in varying degrees and Bruce has a few wonderful cocktail recipes on the thread re short phone calls posted by Sarah. All of you and yours should try one - you all sound as if it will be very well deserved.

Lovely that you're back again, min
Chesca

Sheila

Oct 23, 2003
West Sussex
Thanks Ches, I have a sherry on the go as I type!! Yes, biopsies are a nightmare and I too have been therea few times to date. Hope you are OK now? I am not sleeping at all well, various reasons including health so yes, no doubt Min has returned! Love She. XX

C

Chesca

Dearest Min

Can't BEGIN to imagine why you are not sleeping too well, with the cushy life you live!!!

Am always here with an ear - only the one; the other was chewed off by the phone over the last year's rants to various imcompetents!

Lots of love
Mini Minor

Sheila

Oct 23, 2003
West Sussex
Hi Van Goff (it was he with one ear was it not??) thanks for being a pal, now have this crazy scenario of you rushing into casualty with an ear in a bag full of ice cubes, yelling "I have to have it put back because I need to be completely together for Mrs Pumblechook tonight". Then of course theres the problem of your man (woman) eating phone, what are we going to do about that then? Suppose we could send it to Jude and see if she can blow it up!! She's pretty good at that, but we must make sure she wears her good wellies and has ample armour for protection. Hope all is well with you and yours? Love She. XX

C

Chesca

Dear Sheila

Don't speak to me about ice cubes! Actually, ice cubes are a bit of a bugbear (polar) around here, now that you come to mention them. There are never enough, particularly when you have a man who always has to have the one that sunk the Titanic in his glass. Now, as a confession in laziness, I have to admit to buying bags of them from the supermarket because I always forget the ice trays. Well, you do when you've got your nails to paint - rare though that may be. I mean, how cold do you want your scotch? Itself is always stored in the freezer anyway! See where you've got me? So given my other ear does fall off I'll have to make do with a frozen bag of the petit pois - he'd drag the cubes from my wound without a backward glance. Heartless!

As for Jude and her phone blowing up possibilities. I have arranged to doctor her air tickets via New Delhi and the United Utilities call centre - now there's an irony: the terrible tragedies inflicted by drought and they put the water company call centre in New Delhi! You couldn't make it up! All of which brings me back to filling those ice trays........my work is never finished. Grim is the man whose glass is devoid of a chunk.

Hope you're feeling a little lighter albeit cold.
Chesca

Sheila

Oct 23, 2003
West Sussex
Hi Jude, well I just couldn't think of anyone more qualified in electrical misdomeaners you see! Guess we shall just have to hope Chesca's phone only eats once a year or so like crocs do and ban her from blowing a gasket on it around the next munching season! Love She. XX

Sheila

Oct 23, 2003
West Sussex
Chesca, now this is a true story. When my kids were teenagers, I came home from work to find that my daughter had only gone and pierced her younger brother's ear with a darning needle, cork and a packet of , guess what, yes, frozen peas!! So I still can't talk about them without my stomach turning inside out. I still shudder to think about it, but he said it didn't hurt a bit!! Oh and guess who told them how to do it? Youv'e guessed it, my Mum!! Love She. XX

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crazy Mayor