Family Commitments

Jude

Dec 11, 2003
Tully, Qld, Australia
Dear Sheila,

Can we possibly avoid ALL mention of frozen peas in future posts please? It brings back horrendous memories......

Captain Birdseye

Norman

Oct 9, 2003
Birmingham Hades
I remember Jude,It was when HE shut you in the freezer and sat on it to keep you in.
You had your frozen pea experience at that time,right?
Norman

C

Chesca

Dear Sheila

If you can take the time to trawl through posts past, you will find the freezer story. It's tragic (and this for the very PC amongst you) but given time passing is gut bustingly hilarious. Sorry Jude, but you know what I mean - having had similar myself!

Chesca

Jude

Dec 11, 2003
Tully, Qld, Australia
Dear Chesca,

Wasn't at all funny at the time, but retrospectively is pretty typical of my very silly life to date. I think I am just accident prone really......

Actually a song comes to mind.....

Peas Release Me, Let Me Go, For I don't Love You Any More......

Sorry folks....... that was in very bad taste!

Jude

Last edited:

Brucie

Jan 31, 2004
near London
If you like englebert that much you'll be waiting for Christmas then, and the "Last Walnuts"

Am I being hopelessly obscure [yet] abain?

Jude

Dec 11, 2003
Tully, Qld, Australia
Dear Brucie,

Gad, oh don't tell me that was Englefink Rumplestink's song? The Last Walnuts? I'm Jude the Obscure, but that's got me beaten. What is it? I'm too young for this stuff [that's a joke by the way]

Jude xx

C

Chesca

Dear Jude

I've come to think of it as creating our own excitements, the older I get! Locked in a freezer, gun held to your head by a man who couldn't hit a target if he was sitting on it, and he was?..............Doesn't it just prove the point that at the end of the day, we were the ones with the strength and testicles, by proxy, who sorted it and (sorry all of you glorious fighting men of shared mindset of support on TP) but there is a tendency, a certain generational mindset, those who insisted on our highly-priced education, still to believe that any opinion you have is best served from the kitchen, pinafore afore and what will you know, my dear? me, Dear, my dear! The only people who have held this, our, house of cards together has been of the female variety. And there are times when I truly subscribe to the distant family creed about the Pater - none of which is publishable but which renders him something you would use to force your rhubarbQ.

Chesca

Jude

Dec 11, 2003
Tully, Qld, Australia
Dear Chesca,

Well, I do have a certain propensity for freedom and excitement in my life. I can cook too, just as long as I don't have to do it every night of the week. I'd far rather chuck the pinny out of the window and go off on an adventure. Bali beckons and Oz. Peru next year. I rather fancy Tibet as well in the not too distant future.

There is a place in Central Java called Dieng Plateau which is about as close to being in Tibet as I have got so far. It's all lush mountain ranges and tea plantations, mists and mystical light. At night when the weather is clear one can see a squillion stars studding the sky. I've sat up there and felt like the only person in the world, watching shooting stars and listening to goats bleating and bells ringing, with distant fires burning in the farmer's crofts.

It is an awesome feeling. I don't mean that as in 'awesome' in the common parlance. I mean this as in awe at the vastness of the world and nature and just how incredibly small I am in a great plan.

Peru should do this too I think.

Jude

Jude

Dec 11, 2003
Tully, Qld, Australia
Dear Magic and Sheila,

There are quite a few places in the World that seem to have incredible power and beauty and Dieng is definitely one of them. It's hard to describe the feeling and I'm not good at photography, but then one cannot capture the essense of it on film either. The area just seems to have a very special resonance.

Jude

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lindsay A