Falling down

Mjaqmac

Mar 13, 2004
How about Tiger Feet She? Remember the dance? Hope mum doesn't try that one! Just pictured mum in a huge pair of blue suede shoes. She's only a size 3, she looks a bit like Minnie Mouse in all her shoes!

Will put the joke on the tea room thread Jude.

My absolute favourites where Eric and Ernie, they cracked me up. I Have a cd of theirs that I play when I get down and discouraged, it really helps me lift, it's a song called "Positive Thinking" and it's hard not to smile and feel uplifted when you hear it.

I want to have "Bring me Sunshine" as the first dance at my wedding reception but the fiance refuses. No fun! I thought it would be a laugh if we did the Eric and Ernie dance leaving the dance floor. He thinks I'm totally bonkers! He won't have a bar of it!

Last edited:

Jude

Dec 11, 2003
Tully, Qld, Australia
Dear Magic,

A little less of the cracks about Size 3 feet, if you don't mind!!! We can't ALL have duck paddles... The bane of my life is buying shoes in kid's shops - except for Bali, where eveyone has small feet. Mind you, I can get cheap kid's Doc Martens, which is a definite bonus... well, if you like looking like a 50 year old skinhead that is...!

Morecambe and Wise - Oh, weren't they just wonderful? I've got a couple of their videos as well as Tommy and will let everyone have the names/titles tomorrow - in case you'd like to get them too.

Bring Me Sunshine... I'm all for it, including the dance routine. If you invite me to your wedding, we can do it together - only I'll have to be Ernie cos I'm really short.

Jude

Last edited:

Mjaqmac

Mar 13, 2004
Jude we can start the short ass club, I'm only 4ft 11". Good things come in small shoes!
Haven't set a date for the wedding yet. Will be next year now. Or possibly the following year, or maybe..... Must get the heat on in here, my feet are freezing!!!!

Jude

Dec 11, 2003
Tully, Qld, Australia
Magic,

We have a serious height problem here.. I will look extremely silly as Eric Morcambe at 5ft 1. I was absolutely counting on being the short fat one, with hairy legs. No worries, I'll order some stilts and get in some practise.

Jude

Mjaqmac

Mar 13, 2004
I'll definitely be the one with the hairy legs as there'll be no more waxing myself to the chair episodes.

Sheila

Oct 23, 2003
West Sussex
Magic, if your really worried about the short bit, you could do the dance but wear a Snow White outfit and be singing Hey Ho Hey HO, it's off to bed I go! Love She. XX

Mjaqmac

Mar 13, 2004
I could be Thumbalena but I suppose I'm more of a Mrs Pepperpot. I adored those Mrs Pepperpot stories. Does anyone else remember those?

Nutty Nan

Nov 2, 2003
Buckinghamshire
What a mad bunch you are: how does a thread entitled 'falling down' end up with talk about 'hairy legs', hey ho, hey ho' and fairy stories .....?
Keep it up, it makes good bedtime reading!
Night-night.

Sheila

Oct 23, 2003
West Sussex
Forgot to say, if I can't sleep I may go "dancin' in the moonlight" havn't got any blue suedes so will wear glass slippers, if anyone's interested, join me! She xx

Jude

Dec 11, 2003
Tully, Qld, Australia
Dear All,

Don't panic -

It just an hysterical reaction brought on by full time caring! Mad moments are very useful but you'll have to wait until 28 Sept to do the 'dancing in the moonlight' routine....

Jude

Mjaqmac

Mar 13, 2004
Why Jude? Is that the next full moon? Oh oh I'll have a restless mother on my hands then! More dancing!

Sheila

Oct 23, 2003
West Sussex
My mum's shoes were always "made for walkin' " at full moons! And yes Norm, she "danced all night" too then! Love, She. XX