Fall in assessment unit

nannylondon

Apr 7, 2014
London
Can things get any worse was leaving to visit Chris in assessment unit when I got a call to say he had a fall and had been taken to AE by ambulance set of for AS by the time I got there he had been taken back to unit phoned them this evening to see how he was to be told they were waiting for ambulance to take him back to A&E as they think there is something wrong with the way he is moving I don't know what to do if I go to A&E will it confuse him even more he has got nurse from unit with him I don't want to go and find he isn't there I don't drive and don't want spend the night stuck there am I being selfish

nellbelles

Volunteer Host
Nov 6, 2008
leicester
NO! you are not being selfish, if he has one to one care he is safe and will looked after, the fact that you don't drive is a big issue at this time of the day.

So long as you can get regular updates to put your mind at rest, all I can suggest is to wait until you know just what is happening.

nannylondon

Apr 7, 2014
London
NO! you are not being selfish, if he has one to one care he is safe and will looked after, the fact that you don't drive is a big issue at this time of the day.

So long as you can get regular updates to put your mind at rest, all I can suggest is to wait until you know just what is happening.

Thanks for advice I think I just wanted reassurance that I was doing the right thing my brain is still in shock after the problems of last few months

mabbs

Dec 1, 2014
Lancashire
hi nannylondon, I expect you are feeling anxious, and unsure, I know I would be, I spent 6 hours in a&E with Phil a while back, all it did was cause me a lot of stress, and not help him one bit, so I would agree with nellbelles, try not to stress out and remain at home and get an update when you can from the unit, if he has a nurse with him, he will be well looked after, you will do him more good if you are fresh and well tomorrow.

Ring the unit and ask them to keep you posted. xx

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
Can things get any worse was leaving to visit Chris in assessment unit when I got a call to say he had a fall and had been taken to AE by ambulance set of for AS by the time I got there he had been taken back to unit phoned them this evening to see how he was to be told they were waiting for ambulance to take him back to A&E as they think there is something wrong with the way he is moving I don't know what to do if I go to A&E will it confuse him even more he has got nurse from unit with him I don't want to go and find he isn't there I don't drive and don't want spend the night stuck there am I being selfish

Of course not, love. I had a similar thing on Sunday and couldn't raise anyone on the phone. Kept trying for hours with no joy. It takes me a train and a bus to get to local hospital from my home. The hassle could have been sorted within two hours, but it had to take a couple of days instead...

No mad dashing for me until I could get hold of someone and have a sensible, informative chat. I can only make up my mind what to do after that has happened.

I didn't get to visit hubby until two days later, (groan), but those who cared for him did everything properly, and he was in very good nick when I saw him.

Take your time. Catch up by phone first, then decide whether to travel or not.

Much love to you, xxxxx

truth24

Oct 13, 2013
North Somerset
Really feel for you, nannylondon and hope that things improve soon. Your poor man must be wondering what's happening too.

nannylondon

Apr 7, 2014
London
Chris had concussion

Of course not, love. I had a similar thing on Sunday and couldn't raise anyone on the phone. Kept trying for hours with no joy. It takes me a train and a bus to get to local hospital from my home. The hassle could have been sorted within two hours, but it had to take a couple of days instead...

No mad dashing for me until I could get hold of someone and have a sensible, informative chat. I can only make up my mind what to do after that has happened.

I didn't get to visit hubby until two days later, (groan), but those who cared for him did everything properly, and he was in very good nick when I saw him.

Take your time. Catch up by phone first, then decide whether to travel or not.

Much love to you, xxxxx

Thanks Chuggalug have seen Chris today he had concussion had very nasty lump on his forehead he has gone back to assessment unit this evening poor love didn't know what was happening xx

nannylondon

Apr 7, 2014
London

Thanks did manage to get updates and went and saw him in hospital today he has gone back to assessment unit this evening thanks for your kindness

nannylondon

Apr 7, 2014
London
update on Chris

Hi Chris is still in assessment unit fall has set him back a bit but still walking about all the time not sleeping for more than a hour at a time at each visit he seems worse I am heart broken doesn't really recognise me or my son other son with baby who had meningitis hasn't been to visit as he has got his hands full at home little Toby who is still improving I am finding it hard to realize that Chris won't be coming home but realise I couldn't manage to keep him safe he is still having 1-1 day and night oh how I hate this disease it robs us of our loved ones too early

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
Thanks Chuggalug have seen Chris today he had concussion had very nasty lump on his forehead he has gone back to assessment unit this evening poor love didn't know what was happening xx

Oof, bet that must have hurt :( Just caught your message, nannylondon. Hope things have improved by now?

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
Hi Chris is still in assessment unit fall has set him back a bit but still walking about all the time not sleeping for more than a hour at a time at each visit he seems worse I am heart broken doesn't really recognise me or my son other son with baby who had meningitis hasn't been to visit as he has got his hands full at home little Toby who is still improving I am finding it hard to realize that Chris won't be coming home but realise I couldn't manage to keep him safe he is still having 1-1 day and night oh how I hate this disease it robs us of our loved ones too early

Really sorry to read this. I so feel for you.

mabbs

Dec 1, 2014
Lancashire
hi nannylondon, so sorry for what you are going through, my thoughts are with you, and Chris, do hope he settles again soon. Sandra

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
Sorry to hear - hope things settle down soon. Hope the little boy is better soon too - that must have been a terrible worry, on top of your husband's condition! Time for a little tlc for you!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seabream