Fall Detection Devices

Discussion in 'Equipment and technology' started by Bay21, Mar 1, 2019.

1. Bay21

Bay21 Registered User

Jul 31, 2013
    Hello,

Can anyone recommend a good fall detection system? My Dad lives alone and is becoming unsteady on his feet. I'd ideally like one he doesn't have to activate by pushing a button, had a quick google and quite a few came up so was wondering if anyone had any recommendations?

2. nitram

nitram Registered User

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    North Manchester
    Try asking the LA.
    They will most likely have some kind of arrangement with a provider possibly offering a discounted service or even free provision.

3. patbryn

patbryn Registered User

Mar 22, 2019
    Male
    Wales
    We have a panic button, each time mum has fallen she never presses the button, imagine the shock of falling, the confusion, pressing a button will be the last thing on their mind. same thing happened with my aunty, she fell was on the floor twelve hours and still did no press the panic button. You can buy auto dial machines then no yearly bill for the telecare service.
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Konig-te...rentrq:f6130c841690a688c1d6f585fff5fee6|iid:1

4. CMS91

CMS91 New member

Jul 22, 2019
    Vodafone sell one call the SOS band. Its a watch and very light for the person to wear. It will detect when they fall and send you their location

5. TNJJ

TNJJ Registered User

May 7, 2019
    Female
    cornwall
    Hi.We have one here in Cornwall called Lifeline.My parents have one .It is attached to the telephone line and operated by the wrist or a necklace.They press a button and it dials it straight through.My father pays for his but not my mother as she is on Pension Credit.Ask your Local Council they will be able to help you.

6. Bay21

Bay21 Registered User

Jul 31, 2013
    Oh this might work for us, thank you for responding