Faecal incontinence

Palm

Jun 9, 2022
My Mum is middle stage ( I think )
Several times a day has started to have bowels open before gets to loo and unaware she’s started. It’s loose / soft not diarrhoea
I really don’t think constipated overflow
No pain and happens so often
She’s really distressed
6 wk wait to see incontinence nurse
Sorry if too much info .....

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
Have you contacted the GP and explained the situation?
Even if continence referral was through them they may be able to help.

Bunpoots

Volunteer Host
Apr 1, 2016
Nottinghamshire
Hi @Palm

I can imagine how your poor mum feels. I’m afraid I can’t suggest anything other than to use pads to make the clean up easier and as @nitram has said, ask for a referral to the continence clinic.

GillP

Aug 11, 2021
My Mum is middle stage ( I think )
Several times a day has started to have bowels open before gets to loo and unaware she’s started. It’s loose / soft not diarrhoea
I really don’t think constipated overflow
No pain and happens so often
She’s really distressed
6 wk wait to see incontinence nurse
Sorry if too much info .....
Hi, have you tried getting her to sit on the toilet on rising, then 20 minutes after meals and last thing at night. This may help to avoid accidents. It is worth trying if she’s willing.

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Id try pull-up incontinence pants - something like the Tena pants (Im told Aldi do reasonably priced ones) - until you can get to the continence clinic. Dont make a big thing of it and tell her its "just in case" of problems.

Wishful thinking

Jun 30, 2022
Gloucestershire
Id try pull-up incontinence pants - something like the Tena pants (Im told Aldi do reasonably priced ones) - until you can get to the continence clinic. Dont make a big thing of it and tell her its "just in case" of problems.
I think the pants are a really good idea and at least keep everything contained I do feel for you and previous comments seem good advice..I am taking this all into account haven’t reached this yet with my husband but I know what’s coming.

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
Hi @Palm
Personally I wouldn't rule out overflow and would want the GP to check your mum asap ... what you describe isn't 'normal' and you say your mum is distressed

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GillWife