Eyes of Love

Hawkeye

Nov 14, 2006
Hertfordshire
I would like to share the sad news that my mum passed away on Wednesday. She was 68. I got a call from my father that she was ill on the Monday evening. I arrived Tuesday morning and she died at 4.15pm on the Wednesday.

She had been in late stages for ages, but had remained well & ate for Britain. She went down hill very rapidly, but I am pleased that both myself & my brother could be there, especially as on the Tuesday as I arrived she looked at me and her face lit up. She recognised me....I'm sure of it. It may have been fleeting but it was really there.

I have the greatest admiration for my step dad who cared for her, single handedly, for many years at home. He was adamant she would never go into a care home, often against our advice, and last night I agreed that he was right. It was the right decision for my mother.

I wish to thank you all, as I haven't been a huge poster, offering no advice, but I come here most days & have taken great comfort & advice from many people here.

You truly are an amazing bunch.

Gill

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
Sorry to read about your mother passing away Gill

my brother could be there, especially as on the Tuesday as I arrived she looked at me and her face lit up. She recognised me I'm sure of it. It may have been fleeting but it was really there.

What a lovely lasting memory for you both xx

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Hello Gill.
I`m really sorry about your mother`s passing but so pleased for you that she knew you were there at the end of her life.
Love xx

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
Gill, sending condolences at this sad time. She was so young.

Take care of each other, and comfort from each other. I am sure your mum would have wished that.

117katie

Dear Gill

My heart is with you and your family - as I have been where you now are.

I too know how important "she looked at me and her face lit up. She recognised me....I'm sure of it. It may have been fleeting but it was really there" will be to you in time to come.

It is what keeps me going today.

That fleeting moment, which was really there.

It is perhaps one of those things you have to have experienced yourself, to understand how enormously important it will be to you.

And I truly hope it will keep you going, will strengthen you and .... well,just keep you going.

Take care of yourself.

Love
Katie

clarethebear

Oct 16, 2007
manchester, uk
Hi Gill

Im sorry to hear of your mothers passing, and im sure she did recognise you.

My thoughts are with you and your family at this sad time in your lives.

Take Care
Clare

Brucie

Jan 31, 2004
near London
Hi Gill

Thanks for letting us know.

In very few words, with dignity and love, you have encapsulated it perfectly.

You have not focused on your own situation even slightly, and you must be hurting, so I want to wish you well over the next days which won't be easy for you.

Take care and do please return to TP to let us know how you and your step Dad are.

BeverleyY

Jan 29, 2008
Ashford, Kent
Hi Gill

Sorry to hear of your loss.

I am sure that when people reach the end, they have clarity, so I am sure you are right in saying she recognised you.

I lost my Mum 4 weeks ago (she didn't have Dementia), but she was confused because of the drugs - but, she knew we were all there. And right near the end she said to me, Beverley, make sure you do your Dad's eyes every night (he has drops for his glaucoma). I knew at that moment, she realised she was about to die.

Take comfort in knowing she knew you were there for her.

Beverley x

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Dear Gill

So sorry to hear of your Mum's passing.

she looked at me and her face lit up. She recognised me....I'm sure of it. It may have been fleeting but it was really there.

That is a memory that will never fade.

Condolences to you and your step-dad, look after eah other now.

Love,

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Gill:
I am so sorry to hear the news regarding your Mum.
She recognised me....I'm sure of it.
I love your posting of this moment when you felt she recognised you! Hold on to that for ever.
You say we are an amazing bunch - hopefully that is cos we are made of folk like YOU.

Take care of yourself now. Love Jan

Nell

Aug 9, 2005
Australia
My deepest sympathies on the loss of your Mum. I'm so glad you could all be there with her and that she knew you. Your Step-Dad has obviously loved her and cared for her very well. May you all find peace now in knowing she is beyond pain.

nickyd

Oct 20, 2007
warwickshire
Dear Gill,
I am so sorry to hear that your Mum has passed away, it is so very sad. Your story is so very similar to mine, in more ways than one.
I think it was so lovely that your Mum's face lit up for you, it was amazing, my Mum did somthing similar to me the day before she passed, don't ever forget it, I'm sure you won't.
Sending you Heartfelt Sympathy to you & your Family,
Love,

Norman

Oct 9, 2003
Birmingham Hades
Dear Gill
sorry to hear of your Mum's passing.
You are a very caring lady,not a thought for yourself,only for others.
Come back to us when you can.
Norman

Taffy

Apr 15, 2007
Dear Gill,

May memories comfort you and your family in the sad loss of your mum. Deepest Sympathy, Taffy.

Hawkeye

Nov 14, 2006
Hertfordshire
Thank you all for your very kind words & messages of sympathy.

I will carry them with me and spread them amongst my family and loved ones.

With much love and deep regard

Gill