Eyes like count dracula

Ellaroo

Nov 16, 2015
Liverpool
Mum has had 2 lots of drops, one from chemist, other from drs but cannot stop rubbing her eyes. One is completely bloodshot .
Has anybody had experience of this and if so how did they solve eye rubbing problem.
I try and distract her when she does it but she usually carries on.

marionq

Apr 24, 2013
Scotland
Could you buy some cheap goggles and get her to wear them for ten minutes after you put the eye drops in?

Patricia Alice

Mar 2, 2015
Is it definitely the drops? She may have entropian where the lower lid eye lashes are turning in and scratching the eye, this is what happened with my mum. If this is the case, it can be corrected with minor surgery. So worth getting optician or GP to check.

Red66

Feb 29, 2016
What are the drops for? Conjunctivitis, dry eyes? Wondering if she is sensitive to the drops on top of the problem she had to end up needing them in the first place...

Ellaroo

Nov 16, 2015
Liverpool
Goggles sounds good but depends if she tries to remove them.
As soon as drops are put into her eyes , verbal abuse starts and thn rubbing with fingers and clothing if she can pull it hard enough to reach her eyes.

fizzie

Jul 20, 2011
As someone said earlier sounds to me as though there is an underlying problem - need to get it looked at quickly by a opthalmologist at the hospital or superquick at the opticians and get a referral from there. My ma had eye probs and we used steroid drops under strict supervision