Extremely sad

Nanny k

Mar 31, 2020
It is with a very heavy heart that today we were told that my gorgeous hubby is end of life .
on Sunday he had numerous seizures and has continued to have them .
He is now severely brain damaged.
He fought an extremely tough battle of which he lost
Words cannot describe how myself and our children feel right now .

karaokePete

Jul 23, 2017
N Ireland
I'm sorry to read this and wish you and the family strength and your hubby peace.

It is hard to watch a spouse with dementia and I struggle with this myself as I care for my wife.

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Im so sorry
This is a difficult time when you just feel like you are living in limbo and can sometimes go on far longer than you are expecting. If you like we can hold your virtual hand during this period, so do keep posting for support.
((((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I’m so sorry to read your news @Nanny k. I know how difficult a time this is and I wish you strength for the days to come.

Nanny k

Mar 31, 2020
Im so sorry
This is a difficult time when you just feel like you are living in limbo and can sometimes go on far longer than you are expecting. If you like we can hold your virtual hand during this period, so do keep posting for support.
((((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))
Thank you so much
I cannot believe we are in this situation.
it all has happened so fast.
money minute he darling husband is sat there and next thing he’s having seizures
Then in a hospice and at end of life
Our world has been turned upside down
But he’s sedated and at least he’s not suffering
And in a strange way he’s been released of this dreadful disease

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Yes, @Nanny k you never expect it, even when somehow you are. Mum seemed absolutely fine until one day she fall, broke her hip and the shock, pain and surgery to repair it propelled her into End of Life.

The main thing now is to keep him pain-free and comfortable. Are you able to visit in the hospice?

PMM1485

Dec 16, 2018
I am so sorry. Sudden changes like this are so difficult, you mentally have no chance to prepare. As canary said, please keep posting if it helps. You aren't on your own and someone is always hear to just listen. Xxx

RosettaT

Sep 9, 2018
Mid Lincs
@Nanny k my heart goes out to you. I am dreading the day I lose my gorgeous husband, he is still sweet and kind and hasn't given me one day to regret in tha last 2 yrs. I am very fortunate.
I wish you and your family strength and your beautiful husband a peaceful end.
(((hugs)))

Banjomansmate

Jan 13, 2019
Dorset
Thank you so much
I cannot believe we are in this situation.
it all has happened so fast.
money minute he darling husband is sat there and next thing he’s having seizures
Then in a hospice and at end of life
Our world has been turned upside down
But he’s sedated and at least he’s not suffering
And in a strange way he’s been released of this dreadful disease

Dear Nanny K, although this has all come as a shock because it was so sudden, I think you must hold on to the consolation of your last words, your husband is no longer struggling with dementia. As much as we hate to lose them I found that it helps to know that our loved ones are at peace and no longer suffering the indignities that Dementia brought upon them.

With good wishes,
Carol.

Bunpoots

Volunteer Host
Apr 1, 2016
Nottinghamshire
I’m so sorry to read this @Nanny k

I thought my dad would carry on for ages and the end came swiftly for him too - which is what he wished for himself. Hard for those who are left behind though.

Nanny k

Mar 31, 2020
Thank you everyone for you wonderful messages.
Hubby is comfortable and looks so relaxed even tho I know it’s down to the drugs he has been put on.
I feel calm myself at the moment and I think it’s seeing what he went through a week ago to now.
I know it’s a waiting game but oddly I’m ok right now

Hayley JS

Feb 20, 2020
So very sorry Nanny K, I hope your husband remains comfortable and you and your family are able to be with him at this time.

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Thinking of you today @Nanny k and hoping that he is still calm and peaceful
((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Thank you everyone for you wonderful messages.
Hubby is comfortable and looks so relaxed even tho I know it’s down to the drugs he has been put on.
I feel calm myself at the moment and I think it’s seeing what he went through a week ago to now.
I know it’s a waiting game but oddly I’m ok right now

Thinking of you and wishing you continued strength,