Extreme violent behaviour

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Oh Kayleigh you must feel so relieved . At least your mum is finally getting some good observation and treatment, and has a psychiatrist who you trust and have faith in.
I do hope your fears aren`t realized, and that your dad will not `cover up` for your mother, but you can face that when the time comes.
For now, try to relax and give yourself some breathing space.
Thanks for the updates.
Take care

Nell

Aug 9, 2005
Australia
kayleigh999 said:
The psychiatrist came to see Mom today.

I cant praise his demeanour and handling of Mom highly enough.

My biggest worry now( told you I am THE worlds worst worrier:) ) is that Dad will now keeps things from me to cover up how bad she still is. I will have to cross that bridge when I come to it.

K xxx All

Dear Kayleigh,

I'm SO glad the psychiatrist was able to offer real assistance - and I'm delighted for you that your Mum has had a "reprieve". Let us hope the medication does the trick.

As for your Dad, could you have a "person to person" indepth chat about how you are both in this together; that you both want what is best for your Mum, and that you are also wanting the best for him. . . . I'm just wondering if he sees himself as your "partner" in all this, if he might be more cooperative about talking about your Mum's ilnness. . . .?? Only you can know if this would be a useful way to deal with the situation, or if it would not work with your Dad.

Thinking of you every day.

Nebiroth

Aug 20, 2006
so glad to hear that the psychiatrist has been helpful. He has obviously realised the seriousness of the situation and has pointed this out to your Dad.

Hoping with you that the new level of medication works out well.

With my Dad's patanoia and agression, we were told that if tablets didn't work then there were "still a few tricks up our sleeves".

As he has pointed out, a stay in hospital would most likely be with a view to getting Mom stabilised.

I'm sure that sectioning would only be used as an absolute last resort.