Extreme cleaning needed

Kazza72

Feb 10, 2015
West London
Does anyone know how I could go about arranging for someone to come in once or twice a week to clean my mums bedroom?

I can't stomach it anymore. Just went in there and was chased back out by the overwhelming smell of human waste and god knows what else. I then spent about five minutes retching. Also founding the bandages which were put on mums legs yesterday by the community nurse, not sure when she took them off, last night or this morning, either way I want to bounce my head off the wall right now

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

marionq

Apr 24, 2013
Scotland
When you can no longer tolerate the horrors of this illness then that is the time to hand over to the professionals. I would look at a good care home.

AlsoConfused

Sep 17, 2010
While you're waiting for the right care home to have a place available, it might be worth asking your local authority about the special contacts it has with cleaning companies that handle extreme jobs. Local authorities and housing associations sometimes have to clear properties left in squalor or after a death. Clearing your Mum's bedroom would be an easy job for them.

sistermillicent

Jan 30, 2009
You're right. Mum deserves better than what I can give her.

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

I am sure you have given her your very best, and I am sure you have looked after her well. She is lucky to have had you care for her.
Going to a care home does not mean you are inadequate in any way, it just means her needs are beyond what probably any of us could manage. I could not do what you are now faced with.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BarbH