External Catheter info...

MillyP

Jan 5, 2007
London
Does anyone know where I could buy an external catheter that doesn't use a condom type fitting...it's held on by straps. Some years ago I remember seeing one in a small magazine that came with the daily papers but can't for the life of me remember the name of the company...they sell all sorts of different things for the eldery...foot stools and bath handles etc...if anyone knows who they are or knows where I can buy one of these catheters from I would be so grateful..Dad won't use the ones that stay on with a condom so we're going to try the other version. Thanks for your help.:)

MillyP

Jan 5, 2007
London
Thanks hun, you're a star...I've emailed them to see if they know where they can be bought...thanks again.:)

mocha

Feb 17, 2006
Lancs, England
continence products

Can your local NHS continence nurses not help you. I found out after spending hundreds of pounds on pants, pads, bedprotectors etc. that I could have got them on the NHS. even a commode and toilet rails.
It's worth asking, how does the saying go "if you don't ask, you don't want"

Good Luck
Aileen

MillyP

Jan 5, 2007
London
Have asked and they either say that their hands are tied with what they can give out or they say they don't do them in this area...they are full of bloody excuses... believe me I have asked and asked and asked again but it falls on deaf ears...in fact I feel really sorry for the district nurse that comes to see my Dad...he's such a nice bloke but he has to keep everything hush hush...makes me sooo mad:mad:..that's why this forum is so great...there's always someone that can help or advise and I thank goodness I found it at the right time...

Recent Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jackiejan