Experts excited by brain "wonder-drug"

Fred2

Jun 11, 2015
Experience with Trazodone

Thanks very much Kelvinl for your account of your experience with Trazodone. I have been thinking hard about whether to speak to our doctor about any potential benefits of this drug for my partner, and your experience gives a valuable perspective. Thanks again for sharing it.

I'm sat here looking at a bottle of Trazodone right now, my wife was on it for quite a while. One dose at night and I could give her 2 doses during the day as required she still takes it now in the nursing home along with several other.
It's usually given as needed to my wife but others seem to be on a scheduled dose from what I've seen.
It did make her less aggressive which was when I usually used it but it also could make her disorientated and confused and definitely more of a fall risk even though that wasn't an issue at the time, only when she took the Trazodone, for that reason I used it as little as possible.
She took it in conjunction with Donepezil and Citalopram which from what I was told by the nurse at the home was a pretty standard combination when she had a medication review late last year.
K