Experiences of Applying for DLA/AA

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
Grannie G

ashamed of `being mental

I had that problem with mum, I told mum she is not mental; just that she forgets thing more often then most of us .

because This may sound silly, but when I was younger my mum use to tell me that I have a littlie spider inside of me that make me want to eat to much , so I tell mum she just has a littlie spider in her brain closing down all her memories, before hand I remind her of the story she use to tell me when younger

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
I don't think you need an EPA to sign the form - you just to to attest that you are signing the form on the claimants behalf.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Attendance Allowance

Thank you for such quick responses.
I do not yet have an EPA , but I will get a Form and take it from there.

I`m surprised I can sign on behalf of my husband. Last year, I noticed leaflets in our GP`s Surgery entitled `Are You a Carer?` They were for Carers to register. I brought one home, but my Husband refused to sign it. I filled the form in, then sent it to the Surgery, explaining that my husband wouldn`t sign as he felt perfectly capable of caring for himself.
A couple of days later, I had a phone call from the Surgery, saying I couldn`t register without my husband`s signature.
I wrote to my GP and my MP, in protest, regarding the inaccuracy of statistics related to the number of unpaid Carers, when so many could not register, but the letters were only acknowledged, sympathetically, and I heard no more.

Regards Grannie G

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Attendance Allowance

To Margarita

No. We don`t qualify for Pension Credit, but thank you.

Regards Grannie G