experience with bedpans for a man?

mayallbeingsbewell

May 22, 2020
my father has lost his mobility very rapidly to the point where transfers are almost impossible. Luckily there is an excellent care agency who are now sending in double-up visits four times a day (he needs two people to transfer). The problem is that dad needs to go to the loo between carer visits. He can tell my mum when he needs to go so isnt incontinent, but he cant say whether it will be number 1 or number 2. I cant think of a solution, but this morning remembered bed pans. Has anyone experienced using them. It would be a case of getting dad to stand with the riser recliner and zimmer, and then putting the bedpan under him. Im worried he will find it uncomfortable (he tends to be fearful and sensitive to the slightest of knocks). My dad is well built though not obese. My mother is main care giver small framed and 85 years old. Tips and advice please!?

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Definitely go for an OT assessment.
They may suggest something like a Sara Steady to help him stand and a commode

TNJJ

May 7, 2019
cornwall
my father has lost his mobility very rapidly to the point where transfers are almost impossible. Luckily there is an excellent care agency who are now sending in double-up visits four times a day (he needs two people to transfer). The problem is that dad needs to go to the loo between carer visits. He can tell my mum when he needs to go so isnt incontinent, but he cant say whether it will be number 1 or number 2. I cant think of a solution, but this morning remembered bed pans. Has anyone experienced using them. It would be a case of getting dad to stand with the riser recliner and zimmer, and then putting the bedpan under him. Im worried he will find it uncomfortable (he tends to be fearful and sensitive to the slightest of knocks). My dad is well built though not obese. My mother is main care giver small framed and 85 years old. Tips and advice please!?
What about a wheeled commode?I have one from dad. Not a problem with a Sara steady or frame,