Experience 12 minutes in Dementia

Benrese

Apr 12, 2014
Lancashire
Hello to all,

In my ongoing quest to better understand what my parents are going through, I do quite a bit of hunting for educational, but interesting, materials.

Below is a experiment which was done in order to help people better understand what their loved-ones with Dementia are going through.

It's not too long to watch and I think it really packs a punch of understanding and compassion.

Worth a view! x

Link is here: http://youtu.be/LL_Gq7Shc-Y

Cheers,
Benrese

Lindy50

Dec 11, 2013
Cotswolds
That's fantastic! If very worrying....:eek: I wonder to what extent the sight problems contributed to the confusion....not everyone has these problems....but Wow! Has given me something to think about :eek:

Lindy xx

Benrese

Apr 12, 2014
Lancashire
I know what you mean, Jeany. Personally, I never read them anymore. There are just too many trolls to get any benefit from reading.

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
It made me feel sick when the new wife was being so horrible. I think divorce should be on the cards:mad:

An interesting video

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I felt so sorry for the lady and wished that she was in a good care home somewhere.

I often wonder what is going through Bill's mind. As far as I know he doesn't hear stuff as illustrated in the clip but then I can't be sure. I'm thanking my lucky stars that Bill doesn't seem to suffer from many of the problems shown in the experiment. It does take me back to my mother though. She had vascular dementia and was much more agitated.

Interesting clip.

Oxy

Jul 19, 2014
Managed to see/hear it now. Insightful. Had not got rid of MS advert. Thanks for link. Not all have noises though but SO interesting.

Benrese

Apr 12, 2014
Lancashire
Glad you got to see it, Oxy. I tried to see what might cause the ads, but I didn't have them here on my side. I use FireFox browser. Not sure if that could help.

Lyn, the new wife!!! :eek: She horrified me as well. I felt crushed for her poor husband! Here she wanted him to confront her. Insanity. I feel she was really kicking him when he was down. I hope, I REALLY hope he's found support and a voice to let her know that that type of behaviour is not acceptable. :rolleyes:

I think people just are not able to realize what a huge responsibility they are taking on when thinking they can care for a parent at home and not have things change in a big way!

I don't blame people for trying, since that is how we will know for sure if we can support our loved-ones-but in this case..I feared for the safety of his Mum and her level of anxiety and depression.

Oxy

Jul 19, 2014
Yes unfortunately there are some folk whose nature it is to give an extra kick to those that they perceive to be down. Great shame for mankind.

jeany123

Mar 24, 2012
Durham
I just found time to watch it it's terrifying and very upsetting a lot of it reminded of my husband ,