Expecting care company to give notice.

TNJJ

May 7, 2019
cornwall
Arrived this morning to find dad had not been given his medication although signed for. So I sent in another complaint and photos. I also said that I do not believe that they are meeting dad's needs anymore. They haven't for a long time tbh.
I'm just fed up writing and moaning. Dad isn't that difficult to care for now tbh.This is the 3 rd letter from me of complaint this week.
I'm looking to put dad in respite for a fortnight in the next month or two.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Arrived this morning to find dad had not been given his medication although signed for. So I sent in another complaint and photos. I also said that I do not believe that they are meeting dad's needs anymore. They haven't for a long time tbh.
I'm just fed up writing and moaning. Dad isn't that difficult to care for now tbh.This is the 3 rd letter from me of complaint this week.
I'm looking to put dad in respite for a fortnight in the next month or two.
might be the best idea, then you can have time and maybe you could look at it being permanent if hes already there. why are the carers being so slack? that is bad practice especially as they have signed to say they have given it to him. could be dangerous as well if its vital meds

Jessbow

Mar 1, 2013
Midlands
Maybe its the easiest way to ease him into care full time.

I wuldnt be the least bit surprised if they did give notice, Hopefully they WILL give notice, not just cut off as from now

TNJJ

May 7, 2019
cornwall
Sounds like a plan to me.
Do you have somewhere in mind?
I have a few homes I'm going to look at. I'm going to email them tonight to see if they are taking anyone in. As dad is virtually bed bound he is less trouble. I have also thought about bringing him home to mine. My lounge is big enough. I have already chatted to him about this . He said thank you when I said he could move to mine. But nothing is written in stone. I'm pretty adaptable but I'm giving myself until December.I also have to ring his doctor tom@ blood test results so he can ring me back.Apparently it's just a routine call. But they never normally phone unless they find something..

Jessbow

Mar 1, 2013
Midlands
Hopefully, in a care home with staff on hand 24/7 he neednt be bed bound.

With staff & hoists, his life might be a lot more interesting with company

Pork Pie lady

Mar 16, 2013
Anglia
I have a few homes I'm going to look at. I'm going to email them tonight to see if they are taking anyone in. As dad is virtually bed bound he is less trouble. I have also thought about bringing him home to mine. My lounge is big enough. I have already chatted to him about this . He said thank you when I said he could move to mine. But nothing is written in stone. I'm pretty adaptable but I'm giving myself until December.I also have to ring his doctor tom@ blood test results so he can ring me back.Apparently it's just a routine call. But they never normally phone unless they find something..
Please think very carefully before making any decision about having him in your house. My husband is currently confined to our living room for everything pending a move to a bungalow. It is hard work, very draining emotionally and physically. I often come home from work to find a stink where he has used the commode or had some kind of toilet accident, and that is in the summer with all the windows open. I will effect everyone who comes to the house to visit (not many in our case).

The only reason I haven't been driven round the bend with it all is because we have the prospect of moving sometime in the next few months. It may work well for some but not me.

Hope you reach the decision that is right for you.

Banjomansmate

Jan 13, 2019
Dorset
But if he’s “kicking off” in the care home it won’t be your problem, you can just leave them to deal with it.

TNJJ

May 7, 2019
cornwall
Please think very carefully before making any decision about having him in your house. My husband is currently confined to our living room for everything pending a move to a bungalow. It is hard work, very draining emotionally and physically. I often come home from work to find a stink where he has used the commode or had some kind of toilet accident, and that is in the summer with all the windows open. I will effect everyone who comes to the house to visit (not many in our case).

The only reason I haven't been driven round the bend with it all is because we have the prospect of moving sometime in the next few months. It may work well for some but not me.

Dad lives in a bungalow and is currently confined to his bedroom..Bed bound. I don't live with him but 18 miles away and come in every day.Thank.you for the thought though.I am emailing homes at the moment. Currently only 1 home with vacancies in SW Cornwall ?

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Dad lives in a bungalow and is currently confined to his bedroom..Bed bound. I don't live with him but 18 miles away and come in every day.Thank.you for the thought though.I am emailing homes at the moment. Currently only 1 home with vacancies in SW Cornwall ?
i hope you find somewhere and have a break from the care agency as well as your dad.

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex

I would think about a care home first because I'm also thinking about your mum who also has dementia. You need a break @TNJJ.

MaNaAk

VB000

Jul 31, 2022
There is a shortage of spare accommodation in care homes in Somerset too... we visited some months ago to see what was out there, and although a lot were adding extra accommodation (to cope with demand) there were very few around with spare capacity (except the more expensive options). Luckily we found one with a spare room when we needed it (3 weeks ago).

TNJJ

May 7, 2019
cornwall
There is a shortage of spare accommodation in care homes in Somerset too... we visited some months ago to see what was out there, and although a lot were adding extra accommodation (to cope with demand) there were very few around with spare capacity (except the more expensive options). Luckily we found one with a spare room when we needed it (3 weeks ago).
I have already had a reply from a couple. No vacancies.Im not surprised really.

TNJJ

May 7, 2019
cornwall
just need to keep going and contact at regular intervals. what would happen if there was an emergency?
No idea tbh. Down here you cannot get into the main hospital. Ambulances queuing up. Plus here as well we have high Omicron.So no idea again. I have also contacted other care companies as well...After a long chat yesterday they are still doing the other 2 visits. I have also decided not to stay over at dad's for the foreseeable future. I need my sleep. Getting woken up at 6.45 am just makes me feel like a wet rag... Even in another room. The manager should be tackling the complaints asap.

VB000

Jul 31, 2022
When MIL had Covid in mid July, it took an ambulance 12 hours to turn up (at 4am!) The hospital/ambulance station was a half hour drive away.