Expecting care company to give notice.

TNJJ

May 7, 2019
cornwall
I have just had a bit of a battle with dad who wanted to walk to the toilet. I said to him "Do you think I would be wasting my time cleaning you up and changing your pad if you could". Unfortunately compassionate caring didn't come into it. Dad has no capacity now@ toileting or walking. I did say I could use the stand aid and commode but that was a no go. He was determined to walk... Thank heavens for bed rails. He is now more comfortable. We did apologize to each other as it's not really in my nature to be off with dad now. He is dirty a lot now so he would be constantly on the loo.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
I have just had a bit of a battle with dad who wanted to walk to the toilet. I said to him "Do you think I would be wasting my time cleaning you up and changing your pad if you could". Unfortunately compassionate caring didn't come into it. Dad has no capacity now@ toileting or walking. I did say I could use the stand aid and commode but that was a no go. He was determined to walk... Thank heavens for bed rails. He is now more comfortable. We did apologize to each other as it's not really in my nature to be off with dad now. He is dirty a lot now so he would be constantly on the loo.
we are all human

TNJJ

May 7, 2019
cornwall
Down here in Cornwall there was a 40 hour wait for an ambulance. There is also an elderly man waiting to be seen who has built a makeshift shelter outside. So if there is an emergency for dad he will more than likely die at home. They closed all the cottage hospitals years ago

TNJJ

May 7, 2019
cornwall
I'm still working through them. I have had him added to one for respite.
SS are useless down here. Especially when self funding. They are well behind.. Still waiting on the raiser recliner that they ordered when dad used the Sara Stedy.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Down here in Cornwall there was a 40 hour wait for an ambulance. There is also an elderly man waiting to be seen who has built a makeshift shelter outside. So if there is an emergency for dad he will more than likely die at home. They closed all the cottage hospitals years ago
its on the front page of the paper this morning. he was 87. they are queueing at the hospitals to hand over their patients and not free until they do.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JamieF7