Exhausted

tomgee3425

Feb 3, 2014
Negombo Sri Lanka
8 weeks of constant wittering night after night. By God I have tried but I am now exhausted. What to do but just battle on? I don't sleep don't eat properly and am at my wits end trying to cope with her hallucinations and aggression. I know the score, be calm, be patient etc but it's difficult. Sorry to witter on but tonight I just want some love. Sorry

truth24

Oct 13, 2013
North Somerset
Sorry to read your post tomgee and hope someone can come along with advice soon. Take care and sending a big hug.

Sent from my GT-N5110

Tin

May 18, 2014
UK
No advice only empathy. My mum's constant chatter and her need for very little sleep at night. Makes you feel so alone doesn't it. At the moment I have a little respite from the chatter, but only because she has now started wandering in and out of the house and talking to her little dog so I'm making the most of the free time watching Cagney and Lacy and checking out latest posts on tp.

esmeralda

Nov 27, 2014
Devon
8 weeks of constant wittering night after night. By God I have tried but I am now exhausted. What to do but just battle on? I don't sleep don't eat properly and am at my wits end trying to cope with her hallucinations and aggression. I know the score, be calm, be patient etc but it's difficult. Sorry to witter on but tonight I just want some love. Sorry

Sorry you are having such a tough time Tomgee, you can't do the impossible and it sounds as though you are very near the end of your tether. Do you get any respite? It won't help anyone if your health breaks down and that's a very real danger. My Support worker says men just tend to carry on coping and are much less likely to say they need help than women. Who do you have to talk to who can advise you on accessing care so you can have a break? If no one then there are lots of people here who can give you information. Very best wishes and hope you get help very soon. Es
x

jasmineflower

Aug 27, 2012
The first thing you should do is visit your GP and explain how bad things have become - no British stiff upper lip - the real hard reality at its worst. If you have a good doctor they may well come up with some strategies to help you.

Please ask for help, you sound at the end of your tether

J x

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
None of us are saints. We're just human beings, doing the best we can and you need help. Alas, it's not like an episode of Call The Midwife, where a nun is visiting a pregnant woman next door, hears of your plight, and sends a posse from Nonatus House to assist, during the night, on a rota basis. :rolleyes:

Please contact Social Services, and stress you are beyond the end of your tether, and need help fast. I always had "cry" in my throat when I phoned, and instead of suppressing it, made sure they heard it.

Daily, even twice or thrice daily, phone calls, proved very effective. ;) Good Luck, and a large cyber bouquet, with your preferred tipple, and choccies, is on its way. :)

tomgee3425

Feb 3, 2014
Negombo Sri Lanka
Thanks all for your comments. We recently retired to Sri Lanka never thinking my OH would deteriorate this quickly. I don't as yet know the health service situation here but there is a care facility in Colombo so I will contact them to get advice. Thanks once again