Exhausted

ceroc46

Jan 28, 2012
Morning all,

Mum lulled me into a false sense of security....have started the ball rolling with regards long term placement, a few weeks ago.

It was as though mum sensed something, she was being fairly manageable, quite at night, and sometimes worryingly quiet during the day. So of course, I felt guilty etc, etc.

However , was very agitated after day centre yesterday. Constant noises and walking around, even opening the front door twice and actually going out once. She can't stand for me to put her pants on, but she can manoeuvre a frame up and down a step!

Then noises during the night, and bed changing at 4.30am.

Half an hour after the carer is gone this morning, we have a bowel movement of massive proportions, but struggle to keep her standing to clean her.

Have tried to clean the carpet, so it's wet,but she won't stay in the living room, where it's warm and the tv is on, even though I've tried to tell her the bed isn't ready and the floor is wet.

And I have to pop out now, literally for 10 minutes. What will I find when I come back?.....

Pat12ka

Oct 28, 2013
It's amazing how fast they can move when they want to! I'm going through quite a good phase at the moment, mum being very co-operative, and it does make me feel guilty for the times I've lost my patience with her.

ceroc46

Jan 28, 2012
Thanks for your comments , everyone.

All was ok. I took her for a walk in her chair to see if it would calm her down, but it's another very restless day.

And to cap it all, she's very reluctant to eat or even drink her tea. She had half a slice of bread dipped in some soup, and that was it.

At least the respite date has been agreed, 17/2. Not that I'm counting or anything!