Evicted from the private sector- what else is out there?

longgoodbye

Nov 23, 2011
I'm in Scotland, in case that's relevant, and I'd like to hear from anyone who has any ideas about this situation. When care homes say they can't cope with someone, but the nhs think the person's dementia isn't particularly challenging, what happens? Where can they go? Does anyone know about long-term nhs care?
thanks

Bod

Aug 30, 2013
Look for another place that can handle them.
Don't be pressured into moving them, until a better placement is found.
There are Dementia Homes that only want an easy life, and others which know what to expect, and how to deal with it.

Good luck
Bod

Patricia Alice

Mar 2, 2015
I'm in Scotland, in case that's relevant, and I'd like to hear from anyone who has any ideas about this situation. When care homes say they can't cope with someone, but the nhs think the person's dementia isn't particularly challenging, what happens? Where can they go? Does anyone know about long-term nhs care?
thanks

Hi Longoodbye,

My mum was given 28 days notice at the end of June because they said they could not handle her. We have had to jump to nursing care because of her refusal to take medication and thinks she is being poisoned all the time.

Look around for EMI or EMI nursing. There will be a place somewhere. Your Social worker should be helping you regarding this.

The home she is in does have a duty of care and should not make her homeless before a placement is found.

Good luck

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andrew 132