Everyone has gone now

sammyb

Sep 19, 2007
Nottingham
All the visitors have gone now and there is just me at home with my little dog 'Jack'. For the moment I am pleased for the solitude. My laddo's funeral was yesterday and it was very special albeit not the most usual of services - but you will have come to expect something not quite usual from my laddo and me. It was conducted by an interfaith minister. A very special time was when we all lit tea-light candles and placed them around his coffin whilst a modern version of Ave Maria played. We went out to Dvorak's New World Symphony - Largo - the Hovis Bread tune! I still marvel at my laddo's strength of mind and his decision not to go to hospital for his final days and, in so doing, made those few days so special for us both - at least I hope they were as special for him as they were for me.

Love from Sammyb

gigi

Nov 16, 2007
East Midlands
Dear Sammy,

Thankyou.

Laddo's service sounded peaceful and special...and very comforting.

Those last days at home together must have been so precious to you both...

Please remember you're not alone...:)

Laddo will be in your heart...

And we're all here for you too.

Love gigi xx

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Dear Sammy

Laddo's funeral sounds so lovely. Calm and peaceful.

It was wonderful that the two of you shared those last few days, I'm sure they were as important to Laddo as they were to you.

I hope you're not feeling too lonely now everyone has gone, please post whenever you want to talk.

Love,

JPG1

Account Closed
Jul 16, 2008
Largo

Unlocked - gently - free.

What more could anyone ask for?

Hope for all of us, and for you and your laddo.

Take care of yourself.

lesmisralbles

Account Closed
Nov 23, 2007
I still marvel at my laddo's strength of mind and his decision not to go to hospital for his final days and, in so doing, made those few days so special for us both - at least I hope they were as special for him as they were for me.

Your word's are wonderful X
Barb & Ron XX

sue38

Mar 6, 2007
Wigan, Lancs
Dear Sammy,

I'm sure you will feel some relief that you have time to yourself to grieve for your laddo. We are all still here for you if you need us.

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Hello Sammyb

Just wanted to send you a hug and hope that your little dog Jack brings you some comfort. The service sounds wonderful:)

Love and best wishes

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Hello Sammy

You now have some time for yourself. I hope will be a time for peace, more than a time for pain.
Please remember we are always here.
Love xx

Canadian Joanne

Apr 8, 2005
Toronto, Canada
Dear Sammy,
It sounds like it was a lovely funeral. Never mind if it wasn't the "usual" service, what's important is that it's what you wanted and needed.

At my father's wake in Guatemala, my sister requested "Amazing Grace" and I asked for (and got) Bobby McFerrin's "Don't Worry, Be Happy", as it really sums up my dad's attitude to life. It brought me comfort and I'm sure Dad would have approved.

Love,

Margaret W

Apr 28, 2007
North Derbyshire
Dear Sammy

The funeral sounds just right. Personalised for the man. Take comfort in that. The Hovis Bread tune sounds appropriate. I can sing the words, not that Dvorjak did any words to it. A beautiful, meaninful tune, I am sure you did him proud.

Keep posting if you need help and support.

Love

Margaret

julieann15

Jun 13, 2008
Leicestershire
Dear Sammy,
The funeral sounded lovely- if funerals ever can be?Take the time now to grieve and recharge your batteries. Don't forget there are lots on here who will still be here for you. We may not have lost our loved ones yet to this awful disease but nevertheless have lost loved ones and know exactly how you feel.

Much love and a big hug

Julie and Ian xx

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MonkeyFeet