Essential tips for carers

Tender Face

Account Closed
Mar 14, 2006
NW England
Thanks Maggie ... I believe I've seen this article in a link before in a different context .... and one quote haunted me .......

"Think about your 19 year old dreams: then revive them!"

Initially I think I may have mis-read that as 'think of your dreams at 19 years old' ..... rather than dreams '19 years ago' ........ either way ...... it's very motivational stuff .....

Thank you, :)

Karen, x

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
lol @
'think of your dreams at 19 years old'

I must say this morning as I gave carer, that come into wash mum a towel , as she told me other towel was on floor , so with a fag in my hand found another towel thinking to myself , God why Can't I be more organized like that woman Margaret :rolleyes: and she got a full time job! how does she do it :confused: and what must carer think of me smoking first thing in the morning

Last edited:

Taffy

Apr 15, 2007
and what must carer think of me smoking first thing in the morning

The carer probably just thinks, what a great person you are caring for your mum. I appreciate you posting those web sites.Take Care Taffy.:)

CraigC

Mar 21, 2003
London
Love the links, thanks for posting. The flash tree is brilliant!

I've been reading the Selfish Pigs Guide to Caring recently. A close friend lent it to me and quite honestly wish I'd read it cover to cover six years ago. I'd highly recommend this book. You can google it or search for it in amazon. All you've got to do then is find some spare time to read it ;)

Kind Regards
Craig

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
I agree, it's a brilliant book. The best thing I think is that it gives us permission to be selfish at times -- and we all need that.

The only thing I can't accept is referring to Joihn as a 'piglet'. MCP sometimes, cuddly puppy maybe, piglet, never!

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
Just reminded me, must ask DIL for my copy back...........sometime since I read it.

Was essential bedtime reading couple of years back.

Whiskas

Oct 17, 2006
Corby
I agree it's a brilliant book should be compulsory reading for everybody not just carers. Thinking of my Mum as a piglet made me feel better!! As though I was looking after somebody pink and cuddly and not someone who has to rely on me for a lot but treats me like I'm six years old!!
Cathyxx

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
Thanks Taffy :)

Oh thanks Craig for reminding me about the book , It is a Great book I got it around this time last year.

Must get it out again just that I forget what I read in the book . I should keep it beside my bed like some people keep they bible , beside they bed .

I added something on the tree, about small carer grant & letting carer get a computer with that money ( yeah I always live in hope )