Essential carer visit times

deepetshopboy

Jul 7, 2008
they should do a strip wash every day and shower once or twice a week. dentures every day. the steradent should be kept somewhere else because its a hazard taken in quantity would it help to list things like pull ups and trousers so they can see it, like an inventory so you can point to it when saying to them. he might be resisting and they can only keep trying. dont relate it to you, he has a different mindset. they will find them if they have to look in every wardrobe. the lock i can understand as its hard to clean out a wardrobe rather than floor or bin. calm down as you have to be careful not to get their backs up. if you are so alarmed, speak to CQC. there are other ways of dealing with it
Strip wash everyday and shower once or twice a week ? your joking they wouldn’t have the time

Lone Wolf

Sep 20, 2020
Before covid I visited my partner of 36 years for at least 4 hours every day and will do so again if visiting ever gets back to normal. If you think that your Dad needs you to visit more frequently then try to negotiate with the manager. It can be tricky when a person first goes into care to get the balance right but above everything else you need to be assured that your Dad is getting acceptable care.

deepetshopboy

Jul 7, 2008
I spoke to the sw in a email about hes teeth personal care he hasnt got bck to me and extremely hard to pin down and get hold of hes either out of the office or in meetings this is a problem i had a few weeks bck when i was trying to find out what was happening
Ive spoke to the assistant manager yet again about hes teeth/ wardbrode being locked /trousers
She said she will look at the care plan they are apparently in the process of doing why didn’t they do it when he arrived i was told oh it will be six weeks .hopefully the troushers will turn up and tomorrow when i go in ill stick a note asking them not to lock the wardbrode
I will also bring yet more trousers ?i know they are fed up with me for polity bringing up issues but too bad
I will call admirel n tomorrow if i get time about the personal care and visit times
Before covid I visited my partner of 36 years for at least 4 hours every day and will do so again if visiting ever gets back to normal. If you think that your Dad needs you to visit more frequently then try to negotiate with the manager. It can be tricky when a person first goes into care to get the balance right but above everything else you need to be assured that your Dad is getting acceptable care.
i visted today i was sat out in the garden and the a manager came out and said time to go i was there for about 1.hour/40 min
There are strict about it .it’s difficult to keep a eye on the time when your with someone with dementia .my dad was upset when i came in and wanted to go out of there .had to calm him down and bring him out downstairs .feel like its a prison im going into

Jessbow8

Jun 28, 2021
He is there for assessment- they are assessing his needs- it takes time. They will do a specific care plan as they assess him.
Every resident will have their basic needs met- fed, clothed, personal care etc BUT they are trying to establish a base line.

you really cannot complain about his clothing going walk about if you wont let them lock the wardrobe. They are probably in the laundry . They will return . Please give them a chance

Ton3

Dec 2, 2019
I agree with Lonewolf on this and i think calling Admiral Nurses for help and advice is a very good suggestion.

You sound so sad and frustrated and with very good reason to be by what you are saying so please give them a call for your own wellbeing.

We often hear how good care homes are but as we all know they are not all the same so if you dont feel like things are being done for your father than you need advice in how to go forward with your concerns.

dementia patients can be very awkward and difficult through no fault of their own and its hard to reconcile with when carers say they need their permission to do certain things especially when this is general hygiene, however much a person with dementia refuses to be washed, teeth cleaned etc they cannot just be left dirty and a care home should have ways of dealing with this much more than we do as home care givers?

i really hope you both get the help you need.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peanutbrain