Equipment exchange

DazeInOurLives

Dec 10, 2009
East Midlands,UK
twitter.com
Hi,

Does anyone know of any online equipment exchange sites please?

I need a hospital style bed but I also have about £300 worth of various pieces of technology which kept Mum independent and safer at home. It would be wonderful if I could trade them in somewhere as part payment for a bed but I don't know anywhere to do that.

Simpler than the hassle of trying to sell them all individually. Any ideas would be warmly welcomed.

DazeInOurLives

Dec 10, 2009
East Midlands,UK
twitter.com
We got our hospital bed through the district nurse.

Trying to arrange that has been a fruitless fiasco that is too involved to explain in full. Because the OT assessed her on an uncharacteristically good day, they claim she is not eligible but the staff are really struggling with her. I have resisted creating a stink because I come across the DN/OTs professionally but I need to find one cheaply as her money is haemorrhaging at a breathtaking pace and she is nowhere near the end of life.

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
I have used this site for selling - unlike Ebay there is no auctioning as you just put in your price.
http://www.preloved.co.uk/

I do believe that if your Mother needs a hospital bed then you should get one (our was on loan as I had to return it eventually). Why not ask for second opinion or indeed ask the Doctor to arrange for a District Nurse to assess too.