Equality & Human Rights Commission Inquiry

MartinWL

Jun 12, 2020
London
The Equality and Human Rights Commission have launched an inquiry into how older and disabled adults and unpaid carers can challenge local council decisions about social care and support in England and Wales. They are asking people who have had contact with local authorities regarding care assessments. They say "We want to understand people’s experiences of challenging, or trying to challenge, local council decisions about adult social care or support.". There is a survey that carers and sufferers are asked to complete:
and I suspect that a lot of forum members would have contributions to make on this topic.

Palerider

Aug 9, 2015
North West
Many of us have already made numerous contributions with no outcome that is satisfactory. Rather than complete this, support the AS campaign to fix dementia care, one voice and one solution!

DennyD

Dec 6, 2016
Porthcawl, South Wales
Thanks for posting the link. I will be completing it. I appreciate that numerous contributions have been made without apparent outcomes. But I'm happy to support initiatives such as those by EHRC, the more our messages are repeated helps to keep them in the public eye, until eventually someone somewhere will start to see links on how to tackle the issues raised.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pescobar