Entering a care home

K56

Mar 6, 2017
Kent
It concerns me that once a relative enters a full time Care Home they and their Carers get less interest shown in them by the powers that be. It is as if they cease to exist as a person in their own right and their Carers get less support too. Am I alone in feeling that there is quite a lot of support if they and their Carers are out in the community but it is a lot less if they are in residential
Care. I do sometimes wonder if The Alzheimer’s Society and the Medical Profession take less interest once they are in care.,I am my sisters LPA x 2 and find advice and help hard to come by sometimes. I think the manager of her Care Home feels they are rather left to do it all too! I still need support in a difficult role as my sisters brother and sole blood relative. Is this an area where somewhere there is support. I cannot be a husband to my sister and this brother/sister rolevseems to throw the powers that be into confusion. I need support as I see my dear sister fading from before my eyes.,She is already well advanced in her decline and that is incredibly sad - but I am her brother and not her husband! I have a wife and family of my own to support and live for as well. Any thoughts on this in the forum ? Thanks KR