Entered into the dementia world

Jan 3, 2013
Sidcup
I now not only have MIL with dementia but also my poor mum

I spend every day rushing from home (as most of you know MIL lives with us) to going to my mum to sort her out and the chaos she has caused in her home

I seemed to have entered into this bubble of dementia as if it has become the norm!

Is this normal for a carer?

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point

marionq

Apr 24, 2013
Scotland
You don't need me to tell you that this is too much on your own. Do you have help with the two Mums? A cleaner or something like that? I did know one couple who took both Mums into their home and they were company for each other but I don't think dementia played a big part just old age.

fizzie

Jul 20, 2011
I also know someone who had 3 family members with dementia living in her home. She said it was easier because they were all good at doing different things and on different days people were also better than others and so between them all they managed very nicely
That would definitely be dementia bubble but it worked. I lived in a dementia bubble for quite a while mainly because it helped me care by thinking differently !!! I also had a carers group as an outside lifeline and we receive 6 hours respite from a carers assessment a week and Attendance allowance - all of these helped enormously
thinking of you x

Quilty

Aug 28, 2014
GLASGOW
Time for a break for your own good and also you loved ones? I don't know how you can possible manage. Day care or respite?

I hope you get some support.
Love Quilty

Ann Mac

Oct 17, 2013
I have no idea how you and others who care for more than one person with this awful illness manage to cope - my heart goes out to you, and everyone else in this situation. All I can say is take advantage of every bit of help that you can find - and try and take care of youself too xxxx

Summerheather

Feb 22, 2015
I now not only have MIL with dementia but also my poor mum

I spend every day rushing from home (as most of you know MIL lives with us) to going to my mum to sort her out and the chaos she has caused in her home

I seemed to have entered into this bubble of dementia as if it has become the norm!

Is this normal for a carer?

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point

My heart goes out to you, please take care of yourself - it's dreadfully hard with one, I don't know how anyone could cope with two.