End stage vascular dementia

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
Anyone been through the last stage of vascula dementia. Want to know what to expect. thank u x

Hello overtherainbow don't know about last stage yet but wanted to say hello :) I am sure someone will be along soon with some advice. It must be such a difficult time for you . Lots of hugs xx

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

angelface

Oct 8, 2011
london
One of my aunts has vas dem. We found she recognised us and could speak to us almost right up to the end. A lot of what she said made no sense at the end,but some of it did.

She had a series of small strokes, but was able to move about and eat/drink by herself.

In the end,she suddenly was unable to walk,stopped eating,then stopped drinking. Auntie did not appear to be in any pain,and this final bit only took a month.

Obviously this varies a lot from person to person,but this aunts illness was much easier to cope with than her sister'. Her sister had a diagnosis of Alz disease.

Please try and take one day at a time,hoping things will not be too hard on you

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
I don't think it's much different from the final stage of Alzheimer's or other dementia.
My husband's final days seem to have followed a similar pattern to those of other sufferers mentioned her.
However, each person is different even if there are similarities.