1. overtherainbow

overtherainbow Registered User

Jun 5, 2015
    Anyone been through the last stage of vascula dementia. Want to know what to expect. thank u x

2. chick1962

chick1962 Registered User

Apr 3, 2014
    Female
    near Folkestone
    Hello overtherainbow don't know about last stage yet but wanted to say hello :) I am sure someone will be along soon with some advice. It must be such a difficult time for you . Lots of hugs xx

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

3. angelface

angelface Registered User

Oct 8, 2011
    london
    One of my aunts has vas dem. We found she recognised us and could speak to us almost right up to the end. A lot of what she said made no sense at the end,but some of it did.

She had a series of small strokes, but was able to move about and eat/drink by herself.

In the end,she suddenly was unable to walk,stopped eating,then stopped drinking. Auntie did not appear to be in any pain,and this final bit only took a month.

Obviously this varies a lot from person to person,but this aunts illness was much easier to cope with than her sister'. Her sister had a diagnosis of Alz disease.

Please try and take one day at a time,hoping things will not be too hard on you

4. Saffie

Saffie Registered User

Mar 26, 2011
    Female
    Near Southampton
    I don't think it's much different from the final stage of Alzheimer's or other dementia.
    My husband's final days seem to have followed a similar pattern to those of other sufferers mentioned her.
    However, each person is different even if there are similarities.