End stage falls

hopefulasever

Nov 24, 2010
Hi,
Just wondering if anyone on here has any experience with end stage Alzheimer's? Everything I've read online only relates to elderly people and my mum is 59 so I've not got a clue how it could progress - I found out she's at the end stage on Easter Sunday and her nursing home called me a few hours ago to say she's had a fall. It's really hard to deal with as I'm away at university and about to do my final exams before I graduate... I have lots of kind and great friends but feel really alone whenever something like this happens. So just wondering if anyone has an experience or words of wisdom!?
Thanks!
Liv

Quilty

Aug 28, 2014
GLASGOW
Hi,
Just wondering if anyone on here has any experience with end stage Alzheimer's? Everything I've read online only relates to elderly people and my mum is 59 so I've not got a clue how it could progress - I found out she's at the end stage on Easter Sunday and her nursing home called me a few hours ago to say she's had a fall. It's really hard to deal with as I'm away at university and about to do my final exams before I graduate... I have lots of kind and great friends but feel really alone whenever something like this happens. So just wondering if anyone has an experience or words of wisdom!?
Thanks!
Liv

Hello Liv, no-one can answer how much time your Mum has left as it is impossible to predict. Your Mum is cared for and the staff seem genuinely looking after her interests. Your Mum would want you to focus on your exams. Then you will have time for her. It must be so hard for you. Sending you some strength. Hope your Mum is stable after her fall.
Love Quilty

marionq

Apr 24, 2013
Scotland
Yes, I agree with Quilty. Focus on doing well in the knowledge of how proud she would be of your achievements. You can't do anything better for her than that.

Good luck. Let us know how you get on?

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
Liv-I don't know if this helps but my Husband had falls for quite some time before he passed. I was told he was heading/on end of life 18/05/2014 but he didn't pass away til 09/12/14. I urge you to concentrate on your exams; it would be what your Mum wanted and I'm sure that she would be concerned if anything distracted you from your goal. It's very sad for you, and I've no idea how you will get through these difficult times, but try for not only your own sake but for your Mum's also. By the way, my Husband was 68 when he passed-apparently young Dementia sufferers can survive the end of life stage for some time as their hearts are still strong.

Love,

Lyn T XX

Backy1

Aug 27, 2010
Hi, I just wanted to say that as a Father to a daughter in the same situation as you, whose mother has late stage at just 50, as hard as it is you must focus and apply yourself towards your own future. When I look at my daughter I see my wonderful wife's legacy and I know that she would want nothing to prevent her "baby girl" from the very best future possibly. I'm sure your Mum wants the same for you which means you have to be incredibly determined and strong in your focus on your finals while also carrying the worry and concerns for your Mum. You cannot plan or anticipate the twists and turns of this cruel disease, but you can be the proud and successful graduate your Mum would want you to be as her future legacy. Keep positive and use the support from your friends to help you. Good luck with your finals....and you are never alone even at the toughest emotional and practical times.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BB2CAN