end of the road

tuffydawn

Mar 30, 2015
My oh after being in the care home only 3 months is now in the end of life stage with only weeks left to live My heart is breaking but i wish him peace from this wicked disease

Grahamstown

Jan 12, 2018
East of England
My oh after being in the care home only 3 months is now in the end of life stage with only weeks left to live My heart is breaking but i wish him peace from this wicked disease
Oh how I feel for you as my dear husband declines fast too, although not at that stage yet. It is a wicked disease and it is a cruel twist of fate to develop it. Thinking of you x

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
@tuffydawn I'm so sorry to read your news. Indeed it is heartbreaking.

Wishing you strength and wishing peace for your husband.

Jean1234

Mar 19, 2015
Tuffydawn I know exactly how you are feeling. I was taken to one side only three weeks ago by the manager of my OH care home and given the same news. We even called the family to see him as he was fading fast. BUT he did rally. So much so that once the family arrived he was able to smile and say a few words. And he improved a little. We have good days and bad days and my heart is breaking too on the bad days , but the good days mean we get a little of him for a bit longer. Although we are all aware that this is what is coming it is very hard to deal with. My thoughts are with you while we struggle with this end of life stage.

Philbo

Feb 28, 2017
Kent

Sending you virtual hugs at this difficult time.

Phil

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robbertm