1. Expert Q&A: Benefits - Weds 23 October, 3-4pm

Our next expert Q&A will be on the topic of benefits. It will be hosted by Lauren from our Knowledge Services team. She'll be answering your questions on Wednesday 23 October between 3-4pm.

You can either post your question >here< or email them to us at talkingpoint@alzheimers.org.uk and we'll be happy to ask them on your behalf.

1. tuffydawn

tuffydawn Registered User

Mar 30, 2015
    My oh after being in the care home only 3 months is now in the end of life stage with only weeks left to live My heart is breaking but i wish him peace from this wicked disease

2. nellbelles

nellbelles Volunteer Host

Nov 6, 2008
    leicester
    @tuffydawn so sorry to read this sad news, wishing you strength for the coming days

3. Grahamstown

Grahamstown Registered User

Jan 12, 2018
    East of England
    Oh how I feel for you as my dear husband declines fast too, although not at that stage yet. It is a wicked disease and it is a cruel twist of fate to develop it. Thinking of you x

4. canary

canary Registered User

Feb 25, 2014
    Female
    South coast
    ((((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))) @tuffydawn

Mind you, sometimes people with dementia rally and live longer than you would have thought.

5. karaokePete

karaokePete Registered User

Jul 23, 2017
    N Ireland
    I wish you strength at this time.

6. Izzy

Izzy Volunteer Moderator

Aug 31, 2003
    Female
    Dundee
    @tuffydawn I'm so sorry to read your news. Indeed it is heartbreaking.

Wishing you strength and wishing peace for your husband.

7. Guzelle

Guzelle Registered User

Aug 27, 2016
    Sheffield
    So sorry to hear this I wish you strength to keep going at this sad time.

8. Jean1234

Jean1234 Registered User

Mar 19, 2015
    Tuffydawn I know exactly how you are feeling. I was taken to one side only three weeks ago by the manager of my OH care home and given the same news. We even called the family to see him as he was fading fast. BUT he did rally. So much so that once the family arrived he was able to smile and say a few words. And he improved a little. We have good days and bad days and my heart is breaking too on the bad days , but the good days mean we get a little of him for a bit longer. Although we are all aware that this is what is coming it is very hard to deal with. My thoughts are with you while we struggle with this end of life stage.

9. jenniferjean

jenniferjean Registered User

Apr 2, 2016
    Female
    Basingstoke, Hampshire
    Wishing you strength to deal with this and wishing peace for your OH.

10. Philbo

Philbo Registered User

Feb 28, 2017
    Male
    Kent
    Sending you virtual hugs at this difficult time.

Phil