end of the journeya

Ruby2shoes

Jun 20, 2016
When I first came on this forum six years ago, I almost felt a fraud. Mum was in the early stages of alzheimers and was coping pretty well, in her little flat. Sadly things didnt stay that way, and a journey began in which I gradually moved from section to section until I now find myself here at the end of the journey. Mum passed peacefully away at the end of last month and we’ve both been released. As my sister lives abroad and my brother opted out I have coped with everything with the support of my lovely husband. This forum has been an absolute Godsend. I may not have posted very much but I have read others posts avidly and they have been such a comfort in times of great stress, and last year a bad depression. So now its a new phase. I want to thank everyone who runs this forum and everyone whose posts have helped me greatly.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I'm so sorry to read your news. Sending my condolences and wishing you strength.

I'm glad you found the forum helpful. Please keep posting as I know from personal experience how much support you can get here when facing the rollercoaster of grief.

LynneMcV

Volunteer Moderator
May 9, 2012
south-east London
My condolences to you @Ruby2shoes . I too got through six years of caring for my loved one thanks to the support and information freely given by people here on Talking Point. I can also vouch for the support and understanding I have continued to receive through the grief that follows. Keep posting, we understand and will be here for you.

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
Sad news @Ruby2shoes
my condolences
I hope there's comfort for you in knowing that you did all you could do for your mum and that she passed peacefully
Thank goodness we have TP to support us

lis66

Aug 7, 2015
Sorry for your loss Ruby2shoes so glad you had the support of your husband,I am still on this awful journey with my mum,and my husband is great support to me ,as is talking point as you say it is a godsend and it truly is take care xx

Jerry53

Jan 13, 2018
Cardiff
So sorry for your loss. I too have recently been released from my longtime caring role. My father passed away about a fortnight ago. It will take time to adapt to this new phase in our lives without our loved one, but they would want us to go on and live our life now, to the full. Sending love and strength x

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
old ginger