End of respite care and now 24/7 care recommended.

Marler19

May 16, 2021
Hi @Chris 72 - @canary is right and the right home (which you WILL find) will have strategies to deal with wandering and other behaviours. My mum had a (nice) random lady sleeping on her bed on Sunday and somebody else had peed on her bathroom floor. Sounds like quite a party but it was all dealt with, bed linen changed, bathroom returned to spotless, and nobody (least of all mum to my surprise!) seemed upset. It’s just the nature of their community. So hang in there - the right place does exist!

Chris 72

Jul 8, 2020
Last day today before mums respite expires so I thought I would give you all an update. The home where she is have agreed to keep her until a suitable home is found for her needs. From reading other threads on this forum we all have something in common and that's making sure that our loved ones are safe, secure and happy.

Just me 07

Oct 7, 2021
My mother in law was in a nursing home for 2 years advanced dementia.She broke her hip and the home wouldn’t have her back .She got discharged to a local nursing home but they cannot care for her .She got moved to another local nursing home but now needs EMI care .
Absolutely ridiculous plus told she will need to sell her home as EMI care costing £3800 a week